***Login to the Forum here ***

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

Problems After Replacing exhaust manifold bolts

This is a discussion on Problems After Replacing exhaust manifold bolts within the Technical / Maintenance forums, part of the General Discussion category; I have a 05 1500 Sierra 4x4 with a 5.3lt I replaced all my exhaust manfold bolts that hold the ...

Problems After Replacing exhaust manifold bolts

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    I have a 05 1500 Sierra 4x4 with a 5.3lt
    I replaced all my exhaust manfold bolts that hold the manifolds to the cyl heads, strangly after i'm all done and started the truck a few times, the engine light came on with codes P0171, and P0300. I quickly checked the Misfire data with the Tech 2and sprayed water around bank 1 intake ports, it looked as if that whole side was missing. I got some gaskets and changed them......And ofcourse it didn't make a difference...I kinda jumped to conclusions i think, i then checked my Data and noticed that my B1S1 02 is dead at 4mv and not switching at all...now does anyone think what are the odds that i might of damaged my O2 sensor when i removed the manifold to replace the bolts? i'm thinking yes, but i don't want to spend money for nothing again

Re: Problems After Replacing exhaust manifold bolts

What is the size of the bolts?

Quote Originally Posted by Blazer79 View Post
    I have a 05 1500 Sierra 4x4 with a 5.3lt
    I replaced all my exhaust manfold bolts that hold the manifolds to the cyl heads, .......

the manifold bolts you get from GM are an 8MM metric bolt, about an an inch long

bump..

Not Really Bob

Check the O2 sensor wires.
    99 Silverado ECSB 4X4, LQ4, Patriot Stg. 2 243's w/ 59cc chambers, TR224-112, Pacesetter LT's, Nelson tune, FLT Lvl 5.5, PI 3400, UD pulley, 160* t-stat, E-fans, 6'' Fabtech lift, 3'' body lift, 37'' XTerrains, 4.56's, 4'' shackle flip 13.3 @ 99mph on 37's or 13.0 @ 101mph on 31's