***Login to the Forum here ***

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

6.0 valley cover

This is a discussion on 6.0 valley cover within the Technical / Maintenance forums, part of the General Discussion category; Hello, I did my knock sensors twice. Once without the new wiring and still got the code, so I did ...

6.0 valley cover

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    Hello,

I did my knock sensors twice. Once without the new wiring and still got the code, so I did it again with the new harness.

there was water vapor in the rear KS hole even though I siliconed the old harness plugs..

My question is, what is under the lifter plate, if it is antifreeze then maybe thats why I always get a "low coolant light" and why it was moist the 2nd time

I am reading that it's just oil under the plate.

i am going to try testing the sensor output with the ohmmeter, car running for that??

thanks,

I am a fairly experienced BY mechanic, but your pictures gave me the confidence to do it (twice LOL)

Re: 6.0 valley cover

No coolant under the lifter valley. and if you are getting a low coolant light it is most commonly the level sensor in the over flow coolant bottle up by your firewall, you have to order the hole canister to get a new sensor it is moulded in.

You need to silicone across the front of the intake where it meets the lifter valley cover, and then across the back with just a small hole for venting. It is not antifreeze that causes that problem, it is actually brought on more from washing the engine than anything. You may also be experiencing some condensation for some excessive condensation for some reason. I think that is what sealing up the ends of the intake is sposed to help resolve, and leaving the vent hole.

ROb

Not Really Bob

Make sure you torque the knock sensors correctly. 15 ft-lbs, no more/no less.

what did u have for a code? what it specificlly a knock code? ive been working on a po300 random missfire code.
    i sprayed card clearner by my intake and did not hear any rpm increase when doing so. but i am at the point where i would like to cross knock sensors and intake gasket off my list of possiblities of po300
    1996 2 door tahoe 4x4 5.7
    2000 crew cab 2500 classic shortbed 4x4 5.7
    1998 GMC sierra reg cab short box 4x4 5.0
    1993 reg cab stepside 4x4 5.7
    1995 Tahoe 4dr 3" lift 4x4 5.7
    2000 silverado 1500 ex cab 4x4 5.3
    2000 silverado 2500 ex cab 4x4 6.0

X-BOX gamertag CHEVYIKE

A second on being careful on torquing properly. Overtorquing can cause the sensor to not operate properly.

ROb