If you are not able to login to the forum, please Contact Us here to let us know. Thanks!

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

help help 1978 to 1979 chevy fuse box

This is a discussion on help help 1978 to 1979 chevy fuse box within the Technical / Maintenance forums, part of the General Discussion category; i have a 1978 chevy k10 that i just transplanted a 1979 chevy c10 cab onto with its wiring harness ...

help help 1978 to 1979 chevy fuse box

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    i have a 1978 chevy k10 that i just transplanted a 1979 chevy c10 cab onto with its wiring harness for the interior. i hooked up my 78's engine harness to the 79 firewall box... i have power to start and it starts and drives but nothing else works ie headlights, power windows power locks, brake lights and such... can those two years be plug and played because on my 78 it had the glass tube fuses whereas the 79 has the regular 2 tooth fuses... do i need to get a 79 engine harness or will 78 one work.... any help would be great and if so can anyone post what amps each slot is in fuse box as the one that is in there all the wording is rubbed off so i have no way of knowing other than just whats in it already. please please any help would be great

Re: help help 1978 to 1979 chevy fuse box

http://www.chuckschevytruckpages.com/77fusebox.html

check local library for wiring diagrams.
    O2 GMC RCSB 4.8L V8 AUTO 3.73's
    rebuilt/beefed up 4L60E(at 43,000miles)
    Matching Ninja 500r

ok fixed power locks and power windows. only thing that does not work still is headlights and brake lights and horn.... no power to anything what could be problem... i dont have a radio so i do not know if it is working or not will try to test later. any answers or where to look please help

There are 2 wires going into one eye connector and hook right to the starter with the positive battery cable. That is where everything gets its power. make sure they are both there and the fusible links arent burnt up. I have an old 79 fuse box laying around. If I can read the numbers i'll post a pic.

It is kind of blurry and you can't read it. I can read most of them so ask if you need something. Atleast you can see the orientation of the fuses. I may have 1 or 2 missing