GM Inside - Ford Inside - Ford Ranger - Jeep - American Muscle

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

vacuum lines 5.7 vortec 1999 yukon 4x4

This is a discussion on vacuum lines 5.7 vortec 1999 yukon 4x4 within the Technical / Maintenance forums, part of the General Discussion category; I was replacing cap & rotor on my 5.7 vortec 350 and there are two plastic vacuum lines that merge ...

vacuum lines 5.7 vortec 1999 yukon 4x4

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    I was replacing cap & rotor on my 5.7 vortec 350 and there are two plastic vacuum lines that merge to one (I think) one comes from passenger side and other comes from driver side front of engine, well while I was working on the cap & rotor this dude came up and started messin' with stuff and then he said that the line from the driver side front of truck broke at where it merged with the other line! I think they are attached to the throttle body but not sure. My truck wont even start now, help!!! Please!!

Re: vacuum lines 5.7 vortec 1999 yukon 4x4

nothing that goes into the tb. there is one that goes from the canister across the tb and fi plug area to the purge sol. there is a big one that goes from the top of the intake to the brake booster. not likely to make the truck not start though. there should be vacuum diagram on the truck somewhere.
    99 GMC Yukon SLE 4dr
    KYB monomax, air lift, tekonosha, reese dual cam, bfg at/ko

87 Firebird, 07 Monte Carlo lt, 98 Bonneville SSE, 04 F550 CC 4wd service body

Quote Originally Posted by ToyHauler View Post
    nothing that goes into the tb. there is one that goes from the canister across the tb and fi plug area to the purge sol. there is a big one that goes from the top of the intake to the brake booster. not likely to make the truck not start though. there should be vacuum diagram on the truck somewhere.
    I didnt even see the guy do it, so I guess I'll go to Pick n Pull, er any better ideas?

yeah, they are real small, I just need the coupling and where they run to..

still dont know which you are talking about. the one that goes from the canister to the purge valve? best case for that is the junk yard probably but worst case you could replace that with some rubber fuel line and it would work for a while. still would not cause your truck to not start though. also not sure why you would even fool with any of that replacing the cap and rotor. you sure that went back together properly? sometimes the coil isnt put back on right or the cap cracks
    99 GMC Yukon SLE 4dr

Quote Originally Posted by ToyHauler View Post
    still dont know which you are talking about. the one that goes from the canister to the purge valve? best case for that is the junk yard probably but worst case you could replace that with some rubber fuel line and it would work for a while. still would not cause your truck to not start though. also not sure why you would even fool with any of that replacing the cap and rotor. you sure that went back together properly? sometimes the coil isnt put back on right or the cap cracks
    There is one vac line coming from the ac condensor and one coming from the driver side right where the battery would be located if on that side. Yeah, funk that cap & rotor shishshs! I might have cracked the cap, maaayybe, I dont think so though. I am just gonna go to auto zone, get a bunch of vacuum tubing, match em and hope for the best!! Thank you for your messages I still could use the help!!!

Once I fix that, it will probably misfire or run rough, this is the third cap n rotor I have installed, the second set of plugs and wires, then this vac line **** happened! We'll see when I vac-it-up, hopefully everything will be cool...

this guy took pics of everything, and i think you are dealing with fuel vapor lines not vacuum.

http://helpwrench.com/forums/showthr...ctions-and-pic
    99 GMC Yukon SLE 4dr