If you are not able to login to the forum, please Contact Us here to let us know. Thanks!

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

Permanent Fixing: Chevy OBS Heater Coolant Quick Connect

This is a discussion on Permanent Fixing: Chevy OBS Heater Coolant Quick Connect within the Technical / Maintenance forums, part of the General Discussion category; For those who are still fighting for GM heater coolant Quick Connect, here is your final solution: Dorman Products released ...

Permanent Fixing: Chevy OBS Heater Coolant Quick Connect

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    For those who are still fighting for GM heater coolant Quick Connect, here is your final solution:

Dorman Products released a heater coolant hose fitting directly replacing for OBS Chevy truck's Quick Connect, see following links, those fitting could save you a lot of money and time to fix the notorious Chevy Quick Connect coolant leaking.

To do the job, you need cut off the rubber hose as close as to Aluminum crimper section, remove the Quick Connect with a deep socket. Be careful, the Quick Connect is made of soft metal, it could be snapped of right above its thread section. Then install Dorman hose fitting, re-attach -in (I.D.) rubber hose to the fitting, and secure the hose with a hose band clamper.

1) Dorman Heater Hose Fitting 3/4 In. Hose x 1/2 In. NPT x 1-3/4 In. Long

Dorman Part #: 500-005.1
    Advance Auto Parts Part #: 22972370

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/buy...500-005-1.html

2) Dorman Heater Hose Connectors - 3/4 In. Hose x 1/2 In. NPT x 2-3/4 In. Long Nipple

Dorman Part #: 56237
    Advance Auto Parts Part #: 5707439

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/buy...art-56237.html

Re: Permanent Fixing: Chevy OBS Heater Coolant Quick Connect

I am wondering if this fitting has the restricter in it like the oem part so that the heater works properly ?

I have used a brass hose burb replacing OEM Quick Connect for 40K miles on my 99 Tahoe, never had a problem. The brass burb was from Home Depot.

Quote Originally Posted by mwall View Post
    I am wondering if this fitting has the restricter in it like the oem part so that the heater works properly ?

I too installed a brass fitting for the heater hose going into the rear of the intake manifold, much better now for maintenance procedures!

Habitual Troublemaker cancritter's Avatar

went brass to,,,no issues
    [Stole/FOUND 13/03/08 :O)
    91GM 4x4 excb 5.7 @ 40 over, Westers,Eld 3704.Lunati Trickflow 195 @1.6 RR,Walpro 190/overbuilt 700r4 /TCS TC,4.10/tru trac,14 blt,Hooker LT,areofilter,Extreme TBI.MSD.AGR still adding
    07/ 6.7 Cummins..truck included
    70 fury 3
    71 sport fury GT

Truck Drivin' Sumbitch Scott Long's Avatar

I got rid of the quick connect on my truck and have at thread in fitting that I wrapped with pipe tape, then I use a 3/4" hose and a clamp and problem solved.

Lurker

To bring this back up from the not too distant past, The links posted by the OP are both for 3/4" hose. Is that correct? Do these trucks use 3/4" hose for both inlet and outlet to the heater core? Or is one 5/8" like the older stuff?