GM Inside - Muscle Cars - Jeep

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

How to reprogram my computer to correct for tire size increase?

This is a discussion on How to reprogram my computer to correct for tire size increase? within the Technical / Maintenance forums, part of the General Discussion category; The Hypertech website shows that the Hypertech III unit for the 8.1/Alison does not allow for adjustment for tire size ...

Question How to reprogram my computer to correct for tire size increase?

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    The Hypertech website shows that the Hypertech III unit for the 8.1/Alison does not allow for adjustment for tire size changes or transmission shift point changes! I would like to put BF Goodrich 285/75/R16 tires on my truck, but would also like to keep the electronics accurate!

Does anyone know why this is the case? Are there any other performance reprogrammers out there that will adjust for tire size? Are there any off-road shops that will do this for a reasonable price?

The dealer claims that they can only make adjustments up to 265 size tires, but they did not explain why?

Thanks for the help!

The General
    2003 Silverado 2500HD, 8.1 L, Alison Transmission

Joe
    Welcome

If the HPP3 cannot do it, have you checked into the Diablo Predator programmer? I'm not sure if it is available for your powertrain yet...

2007 Trailblazer SS - Red Jewel
    2000 GMC Sierra Z71 SOLD! // Michigan Classics // My Garage // My ebaY auctions
    Hot Rod Search

Tfhanks for the quick reply gmcjoe

I just went to the Diablo website and there application chart is very simple and only shows it for the 8.1 application. There is no info on any limitations with the Alison tranny! I will have to give them a call and check further!

I will post my results. Thanks again!

The General
    2003 Silverado 2500HD, 8.1 L, Alison Transmission

Joe

Re: Tfhanks for the quick reply gmcjoe

Originally posted by The General
    I will post my results. Thanks again!
    No problem, I'll accept the 5% referral fee

2007 Trailblazer SS - Red Jewel
    2000 GMC Sierra Z71 SOLD! // Michigan Classics // My Garage // My ebaY auctions
    Hot Rod Search

most unique username
    I remember awhile back there was alot of bru-ha-ha over changing tires on Ally equipped trucks. I believe that Ally said to dealers they would not warranty thier trannys in trucks that had tires over certain size (maybe the 265 tire that the dealer mentioned).

Kinda funny to me, and everyone else, that a heavy duty tranny could not take tires that were a bit bigger - yet they can pull huge loads all day long.

I had also heard that Ally would not release the software coding for thier trannys but that was a year or so ago. By now, I gotta assume that the cats out of the bag