Voters
210. You may not vote on this poll
  • Short

145 69.05%
  • Long

65 30.95%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

short Box Vs. Long Box

This is a discussion on short Box Vs. Long Box within the Technical / Maintenance forums, part of the General Discussion category; What do you prefer- I heard in another thread from someone that shortboxes are useless although this isn't exactly what ...

short Box Vs. Long Box

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    What do you prefer- I heard in another thread from someone that shortboxes are useless although this isn't exactly what the person meant- he was talking about the really short oxes like on ford's Supercrew,It got me thinking what is better short or long bed?

I have had both and I think the useless one for me was the longbox Regular Cab Dodge I had. For the little I used the full capacity of the box , I would rather have had the better looking, easier to park short box truck. on the other hand, learning to drive a big truck like that helped me when I moved to the silverado because It was easier to handle from the experience of having the longbox

so I would say the short box is my vote
    1994 Chevy Silverado Extended Cab 1500 Z71 4x4, 5.7L V-8, - Restored and Better than Ever

I cant close the gate with my harley or my dirtbike in the back in a short box so that kinda sucks for me. I always used to think reg cabs looked better but of course im biased now but whenver I see a dropped reg cab around here it has such a small look to it...which of course is probably just because im used to my dropped long box.

Either or I like em both...but for me my long box suits my tastes and my practicality issues right now.

When I bought mine, almost 6 years ago, I needed it to work. The short bed would have been useless to me, but for someone that doesn't need to haul big loads on a daily basis, the short box would be just fine.
    08 TBSS
    91 HD 3/4 ton
    03 Z71 Tahoe

Mine is short AND narrow. But since it hauls mainly my fridge, chairs, and clothes to and from college it works fine.......and it hauls a little more azz with the lightweight bed and smaller mass, which is what I prefer it to haul.
    My Little Ok. State Website

02' SSRC, FlowMaster 40, KN Intake, Extang "Sabre" Tonneau, Kuhmo Rubber, Paint Matched Bowtie, Clear Fronts, White Gauges, Cupholder LED Install

It don't matter. Get the size bed that you want. Just don't buy a Ford!

Frank
    Don't sweat the petty stuff and never pet the sweaty stuff.

I need a Diesel... SportyShorty's Avatar
    Short...hence the name

99 Silverado 1500 - SOLD

2006 GMC 2500HD

Spring 07: Cognito Leveling Kit - 16x8 Moto Metal 950's - 285 BFG MT's - 2" Blocks - Bilstein's - Stull Billet Grille - and a whole lot of Zaino!!!

Well a few years ago, I always needed a long box, but now that I have my short box, there are times I wish I had a long box, but I get by just using a trailer. Plus my reg cab short box is way better in the now than longer wheelbase pickups.

****Sig removed by staff****

all i need is a short box so i think its better i also feel that a long box looks odd on a regular truck but thats my opinion. If i need to haul anything that doesnt fit in the bed i just use my flat bed trailer.
    killed
    1992 chevy 1500
    stock

For what I need my truck for (nothing except the fun off it) I like the way the bed is. Sidestep short bed is the sportiest of all the beds. Seems like more and more nowadays, GM isnt making as much of those kind of beds.
    94 Chevy 1500 Z-71
    fun fun 4x4
    350 TBI

beds

I have always liked short beds. But long beds look better on lifted trucks.
    81 Silverado SWB 89/91 Front end conversion, 5/6 Slam, 17" eagles,Blazer tailgate mod, Flipped the tailgate handle and installed the Blazer trim peice. More to come!

You might have been refering to me running my trap. I didn't mean it quite so literally, I should have clarified for what I use my truck for. I would love a long bed, but a long bed crew cab is just too big for me as a daily driver and having to find parking in southern California. The six and a half foot bed is a must as I throw my dirt bike and my track bike (road race) in it often - they both are slightly to big to close the tailgate, but I can almost close it with a tiedown so the small five foot eight (?) bed is out of the question. I would buy what you think you would use - as long as it's a CHEVY that is....

standard cab trucks - long bed
    extended cab trucks - short bed
    - stepside bed
    2004 Sierra Denali Quadrasteer, Wait4Me tuning, 305/40/22 Cooper Zeon LTZ's on AR Razor 6's

08/09 Snowmobiling Vid

Cool

My personal opinion.....long bed on any truck that is used for any kind of hauling involving work. If it's a slammed 2WD used for show or go with no work involved....short bed is the way to go. I guess this would apply as well for a truck that's not slammed as well
    Jim C.

'93 K1500 Suburban-SOLD, soon to be Yankee Lake Truck Night contender
    '96 Chevy C1500 W/T..traded in on..
    '03 Chevy Silverado Z71 ECSB

formerly white90
    sport trucks are short beds. i would not buy a long bed, short beds dropped are like sports cars. long beds are like 4 door cars. personaly i dont like 4 doors cars to race around in. there just not too sporty. but hey a chevys a chevy, and its whatever you perfer

02 Camaro SS Turbo/A3/9in/418/98mm turbo-- 5.67 @132
    Jeep SRT8 Vortech Supercharged 9psi
    Tahoe LT 22 3/5 drop

Ricky Carmichael Wannabe Tumbler's Avatar
    i like my short box/ reg cab set up cuz its like driving the toyota pickup i used to have (parking lots, traffic) ....only the 350s got more go than the toy!
    1994 Chevy k-1500 reg cab, 5.7 350, rough country 2-3" lift (FOR SALE), 4l60e, headers, heckethorn shocks, k&n fipk, soon to come: custom lighted bumper, new paint ...... the new lift is finally here!

Monitoring the Hate! Diesel Dually's Avatar
    I love my Big Black Monster!

Long Box all the way fir duallies!

V V V V
    Never forget Box 55-8087 9/11/01. Rest easy brothers, we'll take it from here!

Quote Originally Posted by ibthumpin
    Together, we can defeat anorexia!!

I need an Avatar!
    woah that thing must be HUGE!!! Full Cab plus a long bed! AND ITS A DUALLIES! more power to ya lol!

I voted long bed... but I don't know.. I was thinking because a short bed wouldn't be that usefull when you tried to actually use it for something real but you could just use a trailer... I don't know..I just see it as all personal preferance because you can always just hook up a trailer!
    1997 C1500(C=2WD) V6 W/T!
    3"Body Lift Installed, 1.25" Daystar Coil Spacers,Eagle Alloys 15x10 with 32" Mud-Terrains(BFG's)

Stockrado
    Wait for the new Silveardos, 1500 Crew cab SWB lol

Personally, I dont do alot of hauling, a little firewood here and there, fourwheeler sometimes, mowers, etc... I'll use a trailor if it takes more..
    Long box is for work, where i work, they consider my truck useless, but i'd like to see them get into some parking spots i can get into

And yes, SWB is sporty, but im 19, so thats what I prefer...

Get the truck that suits your "needs" the best

2001 Silverado LS 2WD 5.3L 4L60E 212K Miles
    Billet Grille Clear Turn Signals K&N Cold Air
    Painted Handles & Mirrors 2" Drop Shackles
    18" Silverado Wheels '03 Tail lights Magnaflow Exhaust 12" sub

Originally posted by 2001RedChevy

Long box is for work, where i work, they consider my truck useless, but i'd like to see them get into some parking spots i can get into

And I'm sure they would like to see you get into some areas with a trailer that they get into with just the longbox.:LOL:
    Jim C.

'93 K1500 Suburban-SOLD, soon to be Yankee Lake Truck Night contender
    '96 Chevy C1500 W/T..traded in on..
    '03 Chevy Silverado Z71 ECSB

longbed crew cabs are sweet lower or lifted, shortbed standards are sweet too. My SCSB sportside was sweet, but NO room.
    2002 silverado
    16x8 centerline coronas,clear corners,chrome tahoe grill, smoked tails, line of fire led,
    checkmate hard tonno,01 tahoe console

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast