***Login to the Forum here ***

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

Shocks for a 2500HD Crew

This is a discussion on Shocks for a 2500HD Crew within the Tow/Haul Mode forums, part of the General Discussion category; I am curious what people recommend for shocks for a 02 2500HD Crew w/8.1. Shocks feel like they are starting ...

Shocks for a 2500HD Crew

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
    I am curious what people recommend for shocks for a 02 2500HD Crew w/8.1. Shocks feel like they are starting to go bad and would like to replace them for a descent price. Locally I can only buy KYB or Monroe. Not sure if these are good shocks or if someone has other idea's for a good quality and priced shock.

Re: Shocks for a 2500HD Crew

I would choose the KYB's over Monroe. I bought a set of Bilsteins off of this link for a very good price, Ebay link, seller great to work with! They feel great on My '04 2500 HD. I got mine for free shipping, so dig a little!
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BILST...item5d2878d81f
    Last edited by gtplus2; 04-05-2010 at 08:15 PM.

2004 2500 HD
    6.0L vortec

Ive got over 100k on kyb gr2's in my car, and they still feel the same as when i bought them, so i just bought this yukon and i put kyb gas adjusts on the front for $25 a side from amazon.com. they are 100 times better than the crappy gm ones. i think im going to step up to the mono-max's for the rear because my yukon is pretty squishy and i tow alot. even those are 100 for both on amazon.
    99 GMC Yukon SLE 4dr
    KYB monomax, air lift, tekonosha, reese dual cam, bfg at/ko

87 Firebird, 07 Monte Carlo lt, 98 Bonneville SSE, 04 F550 CC 4wd service body

Quote Originally Posted by gtplus2 View Post
    I would choose the KYB's over Monroe. I bought a set of Bilsteins off of this link for a very good price, Ebay link, seller great to work with! They feel great on My '04 2500 HD. I got mine for free shipping, so dig a little!
    Thanks for all the info. I will look into these.

Got a question for ya'll concerning these shocks....got an 04 2500 CCSB 4x4 with 105K miles...would replacing the shocks with a better shock like what ya''ll have help my ride? I know its a 3/4 ton and there is some level of roughness to the ride...just gettin tired of feeling every little crack in the road. plus i noticed the other day when I pulled my camer with out the weight distribution bars in place, the truck had some sag to it. That being said, the camper only weighs bout 3500lbs, so I figured the tongue weight to be no more than 500lbs. I would've thought with that little bit of weight, there shouldn't have been any sag to it...What do ya'll think?

Quote Originally Posted by gtplus2 View Post
    I agree. I had Bilstein's on my last 2500 and they were very good. I just ordered a set of the Bilstein's off of ebay, thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by FireJCT View Post
    Got a question for ya'll concerning these shocks....got an 04 2500 CCSB 4x4 with 105K miles...would replacing the shocks with a better shock like what ya''ll have help my ride? I know its a 3/4 ton and there is some level of roughness to the ride...just gettin tired of feeling every little crack in the road. plus i noticed the other day when I pulled my camer with out the weight distribution bars in place, the truck had some sag to it. That being said, the camper only weighs bout 3500lbs, so I figured the tongue weight to be no more than 500lbs. I would've thought with that little bit of weight, there shouldn't have been any sag to it...What do ya'll think?
    New, better shocks should ride better than old worn out ones. However, in relation to the 'sag' problem, shocks won't help that. The truck's spring hold up the weight, not the shocks (unless you are talking air shocks or coil-helper shocks). 500 lbs is a good chunk of weight, and will move even a 3/4 tons suspension some. You have to figure, it's also lifting on the front end, so you might have compressed the rear springs 1" and lifted the front 3/4", making it look more sagged than it really is.

92 K1500 WT - Gone
    92 C2500 - Current. Scottsdale, 350tbi, 4L80E, 14 bolt sf

Thanks Adam...didn't think bout the front raising up making it look worse than it is...I'll just keep using the WD bars...I got 'em, might as well use them.

I had put a set of Gabriel Ultra on my 98 ECSB Z71 when I had it, and loved the ride. Made a world of difference....Gonna check out the bilstein.

I posted the link to the ebay Bilstiens, thats where I bought mine from, I also tow a 20' tamdem axle travel trailer...What a difference, I have to keep reminding Myself I'm not drivin' the C5!

2004 2500 HD
    6.0L vortec