If you are not able to login to the forum, please Contact Us here to let us know. Thanks!

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

i3owdown's 2DR Tahoe Build (slammed on 22s)

This is a discussion on i3owdown's 2DR Tahoe Build (slammed on 22s) within the Projects, Builds & Restorations. forums, part of the Projects and Builds category; ...

Re: i3owdown's 2DR Tahoe Build (slammed on 22s)

Support FSC and see no ads! - Click Here

update

Man, everything looks great. Keep up the good work.

Oh yeah, I'm jealous ;)

Nice work.... How much did it cost you to do the 4-Link?
    97 2dr 2wd Tahoe-K&N Intake-Superchips-Upgraded 4L60E- Full Custom Bassani Exhaust-20in Intro Champion Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by 2DTahoe97 View Post
    Nice work.... How much did it cost you to do the 4-Link?
    its hard to say exactly how much i have spent on the link suspention alone. i gave 1900 for kp 6 link, air ride upper and lower control arms, belltech drop spindles, firestone bags, and 8 smc 1/2" valves, and 2 five gallon tanks from a fellow fsc member. everything was in new condition, he had just mocked up and removed. ive done all of the fabrication minus any welding. i work at a stainless equipment fabrication shop and our best welder is doing side work on my truck at my house. i pay him by the hour.

that reminds me, i have belltech drop spindles for sale if anyone is interested.

Nice build. Were did you get all the parts for the front clip?

Quote Originally Posted by rocking chevy View Post
    Nice build. Were did you get all the parts for the front clip?
    i originally bought after market fenders online and did not use them because of ****ty fitment. i found some at a salvage yard. perfect fit. i recommend that route. you will pay less and will look much better. the hard part is that year escalade with no damage up front.

Yeah after market stuff never fits exactly right. I didnt know if you bought a kit, or every parts separately. I was thinking about putting an escalade clip on my pickup, but it would be hard to find one in a salvage yard thats not damaged.

Donzilla

Truck looks awsome. But why did'nt you paint the plastic corners in the back of the truck Blue? It would have flowed perfectly into the blue roof and looked much better.
    tt660 likes this.

Those pillars don't really touch any painted areas of the truck. They come to a point at the roof the 2 lower corners come near the paint. There's really no painted areas to tie them in. Left black, they blend into the black windows and don't stand out. Personally, I think they look much better left black.
    '91 GMC Sportside
    '98 Chevy Suburban
    '88 Chevy Crew Cab Dually
    '13 Ford Focus Titanium
    -- Jason

Donzilla

Great truck either way. I'll post a painted pillar pic later if the bodyshop actually finishes my truck as promised today, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by size9 View Post
    Truck looks awsome. But why did'nt you paint the plastic corners in the back of the truck Blue? It would have flowed perfectly into the blue roof and looked much better.
    thanks but i agree with 1bad, i feel the black pillars provide a cleaner transition with tinted side and the rear glass.

Great build man! I really like how you made it so you could keep the rear seat.

1994 GMC Yukon, SF14, Spintech, Skyjacker 2" springs/crank, 32x11.5 BFG KM2's on 15x10 Mickey Thompson Classic II's

Hey man what size, brand, and offset are the wheels your rockin? I also have a 2 dr hoe and am playin hell tryin to get a straight answer from anybody on what I need to tuck on a bodydrop hoe layin frame.

want to trade my truck for it? :)

Any progress on the Build i3owdown????
    97 2dr 2wd Tahoe-K&N Intake-Superchips-Upgraded 4L60E- Full Custom Bassani Exhaust-20in Intro Champion Wheels

havent done as much as ive wanted in the past 3 months but have made some progress and discoveries. the wheel tubs where cut out at the corners for the seat. that can kind of be seen on post 62. i have fabbed up and welded in the fillers succeeding in keeping the rear seat. i then cut the trim panels and the rear corners of the wheel tubs to determined that i am going to have to do something different with the trim. i have the fillers for the rear corner cuts and have to weld them in and finish seam sealing. next issue i have is the gas tank needing some protection. i have already dragged the tank just pulling out of a driveway. i need to make a drag plate next. my next dilema has been what to do with the air tanks. i had 2 slim 5 gallon tanks but have no where clean to put them so i sold them yesterday. i want to keep them out of sight so that just leaves tucked up under the truck on the driver side. now i have to find some tanks that fit. i will try to get some pictures up when i get things cleaned up a bit in the next week or so.

here is a recent picture

Quote Originally Posted by i3owdown View Post
    havent done as much as ive wanted in the past 3 months but have made some progress and discoveries. the wheel tubs where cut out at the corners for the seat. that can kind of be seen on post 62. i have fabbed up and welded in the fillers succeeding in keeping the rear seat. i then cut the trim panels and the rear corners of the wheel tubs to determined that i am going to have to do something different with the trim. i have the fillers for the rear corner cuts and have to weld them in and finish seam sealing. next issue i have is the gas tank needing some protection. i have already dragged the tank just pulling out of a driveway. i need to make a drag plate next. my next dilema has been what to do with the air tanks. i had 2 slim 5 gallon tanks but have no where clean to put them so i sold them yesterday. i want to keep them out of sight so that just leaves tucked up under the truck on the driver side. now i have to find some tanks that fit. i will try to get some pictures up when i get things cleaned up a bit in the next week or so.
    here is the front corner cut away for seat bracket. bracket was also cut back.

then filled

tubs fully welded and seam sealed

UNDER CONSTRUCTION.......

lookin good!
    97 C1500 Extended cab 3rd door 5.7, 4/6 djm drop, 30bar billet grill

need any OBS parts and some NBS parts PM me. im a junk yard whore and go all the time.
    tho please small parts for shipping

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast