FSC - Chevy Truck Forum

Thread: interior rear view mirror TEMP and compass.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION.......
    My Feedback

(0% Positive Feedback)

interior rear view mirror TEMP and compass.

EDIT 3-13-11 to update my list of mirrors for sale.
    all of them come with pigtail wires and temp sensor with pigtail on it as well.
    all prices are shipped in 48states USA
    ive had these laying around collecting so dropped the price on most of them to get them sold. all mirrors are tested for them powering up, dimming feature works, temp and compass works correctly. so your not going to buy a bad one UNLESS NOTED whats bad!

i prefer paypal.
    THIS IS HOW YOU WIRE THEM UP TO WORK
    7pin flat connector style
    GM wire harness color // function

PIN 1 PINK // POWER +12 volts

PIN 2 BK // CHASSIS, GND

PIN 3 LT GRN // BACKUP LIGHTS

PIN 4 GY // TO AUTO DIM OUTSIDE MIRROR

PIN 5 PINK // TO AUTO DIM OUTSIDE MIRROR

PIN 6 DR GRN/WT // TEMP PROBE

PIN 7 BK/WT // TEMP PROBE
    you only need to hook up 4 wires on the mirror, power and ground and the other 2 wires run to the temp sensor where ever you mount it. best to put it infront of the grill.

PIN 1 PINK // POWER +12 volts

PIN 2 BK // CHASSIS, GND

PIN 6 DR GRN/WT // TEMP PROBE

PIN 7 BK/WT // TEMP PROBE
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    16pin square connector
    for the 16pin square plug heres how to wire it up for the compass/temp and autodimming to work.

YELLOW +POWER
    BLACK -NEGATIVE
    BLACK W/WHITE STRIP TEMP SENSOR WIRE
    GREEN W/WHITE STRIP TEMP SENSOR WIRE

AND IF YOU WANT TO CUSTOM WIRE UP something TO THE PASSENGER AIR BAG DISPLAY, they use a negative wire.

next two wires just light up the ON or OFF display next to the passenger air bag
    BLUE AIRBAG "ON" -negative
    GREEN AIRBAG "OFF" -negative
    and im not sure what the other wires are for on these. there are several different styles of these mirrors. some have onstar, and some have passenger airbag and some have both. either way you dont have to wire the other wires in for these to work for the COMPASS/TEMPERATURE AND AUTODIMMING TO WORK.
    ;)

EDIT ADDING TWO MORE 3-18-11
    i got afew days ago. and dropped prices alittle more to get them movin ;)

TWO dual display 16pin 60bucks shipped
    this one has minimal wires, came outta a saturn suprisingly enough when i found it. so no airbag lights in it.

and one for 30shipped for the newer dual display mirror. 16pin pigtail. it has the onstar button, and passenger air bag as well. it is TESTED AND IT WORKS comes with the 16pin pigtail. pigtail and temp sensor included. YOU DO NOT NEED TO WIRE UP THE ONSTAR i have tested it out and you only need to wire up 4 wires for it to work, compass/temp/and autodimming to work. everything else is extra and not needed.

ONE dual display 7pin SOLDDDDDDDDD

i got TWO of these COMPASS/TEMP mirrors. 7pin pigtails
    SOLDDDDDDD

i got ONE dual display with passenger air bag logo lights removed and blacked out lettering. BUT AUTODIMMING FEATURE IS BUSTED so it will not dim! not a big problem if your truck has tinted windows tho. 16pin pigtail
    SOLDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

i got TWO DUAL DISPLAY 7pin mirror these are very hard to find and with the 7pin wiring its a breeze to wire up!!!
    SOLDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

i got ONE DUAL DISPLAY 7pin mirror WITH A SCRATCH on the mirrors glass. but everything still works perfect.
    SOLDDDDDDDDDDDD

Last edited by addiction2bass; 05-01-2011 at 01:39 PM.
    97 C1500 Extended cab 3rd door 5.7, 4/6 djm drop, 30bar billet grill

need any OBS parts and some NBS parts PM me. im a junk yard whore and go all the time.
    tho please small parts for shipping

My Feedback

(0% Positive Feedback)

Re: interior rear view mirror TEMP and compass.

the comp/temp mirrors what would it take to make one work in my 06?

My Feedback

(0% Positive Feedback)

if you have a plain mirror then you only have to run 4 wires, two wires go to the temp sensor which you mount infront of the vehicle, and 2 more wires which one is ground and the other is power, the other wires ya just leave unhooked as they are not needed.
    it still auto dims and shows compass and temp just fine. only feature ya lose is the reverse dimming for when you put it in reverse it would disable the dimmer at night, but lets face it who uses the rear view when backing up at night? ;) not me at least, i always just turn around and look.

need any OBS parts and some NBS parts PM me. im a junk yard whore and go all the time.

My Feedback

(0% Positive Feedback)

my truck has the compass but no temp. is the rest of the wiring there?

My Feedback

(0% Positive Feedback)

nope sorry youll need to add 2 wires for the temp sensor. you can use a razor to open up your wire harness in the roof on the rear view mirror and then remove the 2 wires from my pigtail with a small flat screwdriver and you can stick these 2 wires into your harness plug and then run the wires to the front of the truck for the temp sensor. and then just tape up the wires back together and put the trim cover back over the wires and tuck the extra wires up in the headliner and down front pillar and then under dash to the engine bay thru a rubber gromet and then run the wires to the front grill area and put the temp sensor up there.
    its best IMO to use speaker wire to run those 2wires since they are formed together, just a cleaner look and like running 1wire instead of 2 seperate wires ;)

My Feedback

(0% Positive Feedback)

PM sent on "35shipped for the single display comp/temp mirrors with pigtails, temp sensors as well."

1995 Suburban 1500 2wd

"Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse."

My Feedback

(0% Positive Feedback)

hi i have a 01 2500hd with a plane mirror will this have eveything i need to make it work can you send pic to ckrzy8@cox.net thanks jj

My Feedback

(0% Positive Feedback)

the dual display one or the single display?
    but either way this is only the essentials, mirror, wire pigtail, and temp sensor. i have no idea to wire up the dual display with passenger air bag display. but the single display mirrors i got are really easy to wire up by just running 4 wires!

My Feedback

(0% Positive Feedback)

These things are great guys!
    I had my first one in my Tundra, and have had them in every vehicle since until I got the Suburban.
    The compass, I don't have a lot of use for, Temp is nice, but more of a novelty at first, like the power flow display on a Prius, but the auto-dimming feature is REALLY sweet.
    I guess it's not that big of a deal on a Suburban or Hoe with privacy glass, but even so, I don't think I will ever own another vehicle without one of these!

1995 Suburban 1500 2wd

"Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse."

My Feedback

(0% Positive Feedback)

o ya the auto dimming is a big plus. and ya i dont use the compass much but i like the temp display the most myself. but its always good to not have to push the old school tilt button and move the mirror every time. ;)

My Feedback

(0% Positive Feedback)

Quote Originally Posted by addiction2bass View Post
    o ya the auto dimming is a big plus. and ya i dont use the compass much but i like the temp display the most myself. but its always good to not have to push the old school tilt button and move the mirror every time. ;)
    Also makes the mirror mount last longer

You got my followup PMs and Paypal, right? Wanted to be sure you got the last PM with the correct address.

1995 Suburban 1500 2wd

My Feedback

(0% Positive Feedback)

well it keeps it tighter on the pivot point IMO.

and yes i got your pm and payment. ive been busy but ill get it out tomorrow for sure. i gotta ship several things. sorry just been preocupied with work and girlfriend ;) you know how that goes. but ill get it out for sure monday!

My Feedback

(0% Positive Feedback)

Quote Originally Posted by addiction2bass View Post
    and yes i got your pm and payment. ive been busy but ill get it out tomorrow for sure. i gotta ship several things. sorry just been preocupied with work and girlfriend ;) you know how that goes. but ill get it out for sure monday!
    No rush... I just wanted to make sure it went to the right address. Dumb thumbs. I can't even blame it on typing while drunk!

1995 Suburban 1500 2wd

My Feedback

(0% Positive Feedback)

do you have any extra temp sensors? i forgot when i got this mirror at the yard to grab the sensor. or do you know a part number? thanks!

My Feedback

(0% Positive Feedback)

im not sure if i have any spares. i can get one if yaneed one, but if you got a local junk yard just go out there and look at some S10 blazers those typically have the temp sensor up front on the 94+, not always but they are more common, just look inside the suv and see if it has a overhead console with the front display on them. if it does it most likely has the sensor up front behind the front grill. those you can get easily for afew bucks or pocket. id have to make sure i got enough temp sensors for the mirrors i got first, but i know i can get a temp sensor i just wont be going to junk yard till tuesday since they dont put any new vehicles out on mondays just tuesday thru friday ;)

My Feedback

(0% Positive Feedback)

haha good stuff. thanks man. i dont have any yards around here that are worthy of going to. all of them contain pre 80s cars lol. POS yards is what i call them. i wonder if i can just buy a new one for cheap?

My Feedback

(0% Positive Feedback)

you can try but i can get ya one for like 5bucks shipped if in 48states with the pigtail wires. might have to check shipping but i wouldnt think it would cost to much to ship usps. as long as i get a few bucks i can get ya the little sensor. my picapart always has plenty of s10 suvs! im going every day till they put out this 2000+ suburban and hopefully i can get some good parts off that truck to make some money on! just sucks waiting on that truck, the owner is saving it behind the fence for some reason so i asume he wants the drivetrain outta the truck before he puts it out on the yard.

My Feedback

(0% Positive Feedback)

nice. yea ill shoot ya some money. how much wiring can you get me??

My Feedback

(0% Positive Feedback)

well i cannt get ya a full run of it just because it goes into several harness points and you will still have to add wiring so its easiest to just get some speaker wire about the same gauge of stock wires and use it for the full length.
    i can get like a foot or so of wire, just depends how much trouble it is to seperate those 2 wires from the rest of the harness!
    ill post back tuesday night and tell ya if i got a extra one or not.
    typically i only get like 6inches of the pigtail wiring for the sensor just because its so easy to just snip.

My Feedback

(0% Positive Feedback)

Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch094 View Post
    nice. yea ill shoot ya some money. how much wiring can you get me??
    ok i got a temp sensor and pigtail ruffly 2-3ft long is the most i could get before it went thru the harness to deep. where you located? if in 48states i think 5bucks shipped would cover it, more cash if you want it sent priority mail. otherwise id send it parcel mail.