battery grip

skylark

Oct 22, 2008
Grants Pass, OR
Re: battery grip

Yep and yep it's bulky. Mine is for the 30D and I love it until I have to pack it long distances. It holds 2 batteries and it has a cassette that holds 8 AA batteries as well.

Jan 29, 2005
Indianapolis, IN

I use the Opteka on my XSi...got good reviews and was pretty cheap compared to the Canon, plus came with 2 batteries. The extra life is great, and having the extra set of controls makes pictures in portrait that much easier.

Mar 20, 2006
Charlotte NC

My new lense is so heavy it might help out, gonna need to check into one, what offbrands are good?
I have the targus one and honestly, I wouldn't skimp out and get an offbrand one. Save up and get the Canon one. Mine is falling apart, it's wobbly and the adhesive on the grip part is coming off. If I had to do it again I would have spent the extra few for the Canon brand.

I was thinking about getting one until I realized I can get 6GB worth of shots before I need to change it out. I just carry 2 off brand batteries as backups. They are 2000mAh and seem to last as long or longer than the stock Canon battery. I got 2 on eBay for less than $10 delivered.