Tell me what you would choose.

custm2500

Sep 14, 2008
Ohio
I am a huge Kodak fan and am getting 15% savings because of a warranty claim. The two I am looking at are
http://store.kodak.com/store/ekcons...oryID.28887600/productIDs.145104000,145101200
There is almost exactly $100 difference. I just don't know if the difference is Worth the extra 100. The two things I like are higher mega-pixel, and the lens is 26 vs. 28. If I am correct that means it will be slightly better at close-ups. Let me know what you think.

Jan 29, 2005
Indianapolis, IN
Re: Tell me what you would choose.

I'd buy the more expensive one. The 26 v. 28 does not really mean it'd be better at close ups, it means its a very very marginally wider lens...aka you can be closer to something and get all of it in the frame, but not necessarily "better" at close ups. It also has higher optical zoom, which is a plus. When you start getting into digital zoom on cameras things get ugly real quick. A big selling point for me on that camera would also be the fact that its fairly fast, and has an f-stop of 2.8 - although I'm sure that's only at maybe 26-30mm, its still a nice aspect.

custm2500

Sep 14, 2008
Ohio

The kodak I have now is very fast and I love it! You actualy get the picture instead of moments after whatever you wanted to get. Problem is the screen is messing up so I might as well upgrade. Anyone know a general idea how many pictures a normal point and shoot is good for before the shutter starts to fail? I have been told this is something you look into when buying a SLR. the camera with the messed up screen has take onver 3000 pictures.

Jan 29, 2005
Indianapolis, IN

Guess to clarify, when I said fast I didn't mean the amount of time it takes to actually take the picture, I meant fast in the sense that it goes down to a fairly low f number.

I'm sure the shutter on that will last for quite some time, I really don't know much about Kodak cameras - but my year old Canon Rebel XSi has over 20,000 shutter actuations on it.

Last edited: