1991 Chevy C1500 Project

91chevyss

Feb 1, 2013
georgia
Re: 1991 Chevy C1500 Project

I hardly ever ride with my tailgate down if any but I just wanted something just in case you never know lol. a while back i was thinking about mounting some thin trailer lights to bed all the way against the tailgate but not on the tailgate and have them only work if the tailgate was down i dont know though. I did get my other head off and dropped it off at the machine shop today should be ready monday or tuesday. I hope I can get started on the trans soon. also checked my compression before i took the head off and pass. side that had the blown gasket is reading from 160 to 180 psi with new gasket.

Mar 8, 2010
Central, Louisiana
So u gettin the heads shaved more?

Personally I paint the trans satin black or the same blue as the truck. I'd probly lean more toward satin black since I like things like that to look clean without standing out.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

91chevyss

Feb 1, 2013
georgia

gotcha no i didnt even think about it if you were talking about shaving more than .010 plus I had already torqued my other head down lol and was not taking it back off. I know the trans will probably never get seen but my favorite color is blue and my wifes is red and was thinking about mixing them with blue trans w/ a superman logo across the top lol. The blue is a ford light blue lol. What about the pan just leave it plain or grey primer or?

91chevyss

Feb 1, 2013
georgia

i was thinking something like silver pretty much the same but the cast aluminum paint there was another one but cant remember. have you ever heard about people using s10 stalls for the v8 just wondering if it would help mine because I couldnt take off normal without it wanting to shut off I had to give it more than half throttle. the cam is .488/.488 and I didnt want to spend alot of money on one if it wasnt the problem. I have you tried budweiser black crown? lol.

91chevyss

Feb 1, 2013
georgia

is my knock sensor revelant after i switched to hei and carb? Also thinking about my changing oil pressure sending unit because it usually bounces around and it annoys me and also I believe thats why i was leaking oil down the back of block because my intake look good. could the bouncing be caused from a bad ground I have it grounded from the intake to frame but the ground strap from the back of pass. side head is gone.

Mar 8, 2010
Central, Louisiana
i was thinking something like silver pretty much the same but the cast aluminum paint there was another one but cant remember. have you ever heard about people using s10 stalls for the v8 just wondering if it would help mine because I couldnt take off normal without it wanting to shut off I had to give it more than half throttle. the cam is .488/.488 and I didnt want to spend alot of money on one if it wasnt the problem. I have you tried budweiser black crown? lol.
As far as the silver I was thinking the same thing, like aluminum color.

And I have heard of ppl running the v6 s10 stall. It'll be around a 2600 behind a stock v8 but prob stall to 2800 at ur power level. That would def make it scoot.

I actually don't drink at all, not really my thing lol.

is my knock sensor revelant after i switched to hei and carb? Also thinking about my changing oil pressure sending unit because it usually bounces around and it annoys me and also I believe thats why i was leaking oil down the back of block because my intake look good. could the bouncing be caused from a bad ground I have it grounded from the intake to frame but the ground strap from the back of pass. side head is gone.
As far as the bouncing oil pressure, the missing ground definitely sounds like the problem.

And I think the knock sensor would still read if you still have the stock computer running everything.

Last edited:

91chevyss

Feb 1, 2013
georgia

Looking good so far! I really like the shaved handles...
thanks man I have some kinks to work out on the driver door but pass. side opens 1st time everytime.
yeah if i can get to bed I may start on the trans tomorrow and maybe finish if nothing comes up. I very rarely drink if you consider it drinking may buy 6 pack and last a month lol but was just trying to throw something else out there besides trucks lol. Is there a certain model or year converter to look for. should i try one from the salvage yard or not?

Mar 8, 2010
Central, Louisiana
thanks man I have some kinks to work out on the driver door but pass. side opens 1st time everytime.
yeah if i can get to bed I may start on the trans tomorrow and maybe finish if nothing comes up. I very rarely drink if you consider it drinking may buy 6 pack and last a month lol but was just trying to throw something else out there besides trucks lol. Is there a certain model or year converter to look for. should i try one from the salvage yard or not?
Yea I hear ya, I just can't comment on any alcoholic beverages cuz i haven't had any of them lol.

Also the part number for the stall you need is 24202310. Type that into www.gmpartsdirect.com and it'll show you a reman one for $208. That's gonna be your best best. It's as good as new coming straight from GM. I personally wouldn't trust one from a salvage yard unless u can find a truck with under 75k ish miles, but for 208 I'd go for the reman one and save the trouble of looking.

Also, I have a set of door pins for OBS from my Tahoe, I don't have a use for them so if you have a use for them I'll send them to you for the cost of shipping.

91chevyss

Feb 1, 2013
georgia

Thats cool. sure how much would shipping be. I never done my pass. door. Let me know I have paypal. Ill have a look at the stall. I may wait to put one in to see if its still gonna do it to make sure it wasnt my head gasket.

Mar 8, 2010
Central, Louisiana
Thats cool. sure how much would shipping be. I never done my pass. door. Let me know I have paypal. Ill have a look at the stall. I may wait to put one in to see if its still gonna do it to make sure it wasnt my head gasket.
Shipping might be $5 I think. That is if I can find a envelope that's real small and put it in that.

Either way, the stall would be about the best thing you can do to make that thing move.

91chevyss

Feb 1, 2013
georgia

Sure just let me know what to do when you get ready. Im definite that Ill get one, but I really wanted to know if the head gasket makes a difference but then again I dont want to crawl under my truck to put a stall in when I already got it out lol. tore my trans down today it wasnt to bad. The 2-4 band was cracked up and missing a couple piececs not metal though and was wore down about half of new one. Took my trans to the car wash to clean it and should get most of it down tomorrow if not finish. Ill post some pics once I get them uploaded.

91chevyss

Feb 1, 2013
georgia

guess i spoke to soon but nothing major. I've assembled my overrun clutch pack and im working on my 3-4 clutch pack but the lower pressure plate for the 3-4 has stepped side and a smooth side and im not sure which side needs to face me. My video shows stepped sides on both sides he said some models have a smooth side on the bottom and the side he was showing he put in facing up and Im assuming the stepped side needs to face down but want to be sure.

91chevyss

Feb 1, 2013
georgia

has anyone installed a transgo reprogramming kit in their 700r4? If so I have a question on step 1 of the PR Valve & Spring. It says to grind this land flush all the way around. Its not fussy. Its the valve under the tv boost valve and int/rev valve. Do I have to grind it smooth with shaft what does it do and can i leave it like it is?