1991 Chevy C1500 Project

91chevyss

Feb 1, 2013
georgia
Re: 1991 Chevy C1500 Project

Also got my viair 444 dual pack and 5 gallon air tank the other day. I have about 20 ft of 3/8 air line. My 8 3/8 valves came in monday. And my lower bag plates for the rear came in. Also my 2 link, panhard bar kit, front bag cups and shock relocaters came in from ekstensive.

91chevyss

Feb 1, 2013
georgia

here is some pics from when I was installing the lock right locker
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
these are my dual viair 444c compressors
[/URL][/IMG]
this is my 9 port 5 gallon tank.
[/URL][/IMG]

91chevyss

Feb 1, 2013
georgia

this a pic from when I was changing the clutch assembly in my starter.
[/URL][/IMG]
in which I purchased from summit
[/URL][/IMG]
also seen these at summit and I like the one on the left better.
[/URL][/IMG]

91chevyss

Feb 1, 2013
georgia

here are a couple pics of the truck. I'm gonna try to get pics of the other stuff and post them soon.
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

91chevyss

Feb 1, 2013
georgia

Sitting here trying to figure out all the fittings I'm gonna need. Any suggestions would be appreciated or anyone that's done this before could help out.

91chevyss

Feb 1, 2013
georgia

here are the other pics of the parts I have. first is the 2 link.
[/URL][/IMG]
pan hard bar
[/URL][/IMG]
valves
[/URL][/IMG]
some shocks. grey ones are belltech not sure on white ones. got them just not sure i can get them to work.
[/URL][/IMG]
rear circle plates just gonna build my own since i wasnt sure how tall they need to be.
[/URL][/IMG]
rear upper bag brackets. I painted one blue to see what it would look like.
[/URL][/IMG]

91chevyss

Feb 1, 2013
georgia

I boxed in the rear of the frame yesterday and took out the frame piece that goes from side to side and the dr. side shock bracket out. just need set the gas tank and air tank in to check fitment. I ordered some new u bolts the square type so I can bolt the 2 link up. once they come in I will see were i need to weld the bag brackets and check for clearance for everything in the rear. Also got some cross tees coming in from chassis tech. May order the compressor brackets if I dont have anything around here to make.

Last edited:

91chevyss

Feb 1, 2013
georgia

I made a quick vid the other day for testing out the locker. wasnt a big one just wanted to check out the locker. youtube website looks a little better for some reason. might be my computer.

Last edited:

91chevyss

Feb 1, 2013
georgia

I got the stock wheel tubs taken out of the bed today. my u bolts came in today and I bolted my 2 link on and let I let the truck down to check for clearances. I believe that my pinion angle needs to be changed from what it is now because my drive shaft is hitting the bottom of my cab. pinion angle wasn't to bad with leaf springs but with the 2 link on its too high. other than that everything looks good. I took some pics will post asap

Last edited:

91chevyss

Feb 1, 2013
georgia

here some pics from the work have down so far.
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
both tubs out.
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
still likes about an inch but driveshaft was hitting cab. Still low though lol.
[/URL][/IMG]

Feb 28, 2013
Midland, Texas

Really like the way your truck is turning out. I keep telling myself that i want to keep my truck static but everytime i see a truck getting bags put on it it makes me wonder

91chevyss

Feb 1, 2013
georgia

I know what you mean. I liked the way mine was sitting but I also like it layed out. with bags I can do both lol. you got a thread for your truck or a pic. I think I might have something for compressor brackets they just need to be welded if it doesnt work Ill just buy some from summit. Its gonna be a tight fit with the fuel cell and tank while trying to keep the hidden hitch and stock floor. I checked it today and theres not gonna be room for anything else.