1991 GMC Sierra Beater

bigboyitm

Jan 1, 2011
Mooringsport, LA
I bought a 91 GMC Sierra W/T regular cab, step side bed, about a month ago, 4.3/ 5 speed. After I got it home I discovered that the engine was locked up, at first I thought the battery was bad. Well, instead of rebuilding the 4.3, it is now getting a 355/ TH350. The 355/ TH350 I built last year for another project of mine. I was trying to build a street/ strip s10 blazer. So the details on the engine are .030 350 4 bolt main, Pro Header heads w/ 2.02&1.60 +.100 length valves, intake port matched, SCAT crank, Eagle forged connecting rods (floating pins), Speed Pro pistons (11.5:1 compression), the rotating assembly is balanced. A SFI approved flywheel, Summit racing Harmonic Balancer, Comp Cam solid roller cam, Comp Cam Solid roller lifters, Comp Cam pushrods, Comp Cam timing chain set, Comp Cam 1.6 roller rockers, Comp Cam springs that match the cam & Comp Cam retainers & Locks. The heads & main caps are studded with ARP Studs, every other bolt in or on the engine are ARP. High rise intake w/ a 750 Speed Demon carb. MSD Pro Billet Distributor, MSD 6AL Box, MSD SS Blaster Coil & MSD Plug wires. According to the trans shop that built the trans for me, it has racing steels & clutches, Stage 2 B&M shift kit & the detent cable was deleted. It has a Hughes 3000 stall convertor on the input shaft. I'm sure I left something out but it should be fun in this truck. I found a new dash in the scrap yard last week & scooped it up. I have plans to just clean the truck up & get it repainted.

Well here are some pics.