1994 Blazer chassis restoration and driveline refresh

Pee_Beds

May 22, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Re: 1994 Blazer chassis restoration and driveline refresh

I've been so busy, I've just now found some time to sit down and organize all the pictures.
I've owned the truck for 9 years and I knew the back half of the frame was getting rusty and I retired it from winter driving 3 years ago. So 6 weeks ago I peeled the frame out from under the body and set to work.

The pictures pretty much sum it up but here's a short list of what's being done:

Engine is original and has been rebuilt with a cam and taller pistons as well as a balance.
Transmission I am rebuilding with a stage 1 shift kit.
Differential is being changed out to a 14 bolt (3:73 lsd)

Exhaust will be custom stainless dual, not too much flash. Overall I'm really going for a stock look. I'll refinish the original alloys and the body is so clean that I'm not even touching it right now.
I am the 3rd owner, each of us has put 100,000 kms on it. It's never left me stranded so I'm giving it what it deserves.
I sandblasted the frame completely and have brushed on a first coat of POR 15.

Pee_Beds

May 22, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Re: 1994 Blazer chassis restoration and driveline refresh

Can anyone recommend good body mounts. I've been to LMC truck and GM doesn't offer them. LMC truck only has polyurethane mounts but if I was to go that route I'd probably order some from energy, can anyone shed some advice here?
Also I see Dorman may make some but I'm having issues confirming that.

Edit: Looks like it's polyurethane only, found a second brand called 'Prothane' but I opted for the energy body mounts.

Last edited: