1994 K1500 work in progress

xstuddsx

Mar 31, 2008
Colorado
I've been wanting to do a double din in my truck like you did in yours. What did u do with the HVAC vents that were there?

Sent from Unlocked + Rooted Nexus 7

Feb 18, 2014
Canada
Re: 1994 K1500 work in progress

Got the new 6000K HID lowbeams installed for $300, just need to try to aim them, I am hoping its not my housing but the headlights are extremely off. Seems like they are pointing almost straight into the ground :/

Feb 18, 2014
Canada

Alright got the HIDs aimed a bit higher they are giving me better output now! I just removed the entire vent panel..what else would I do with them :p Sometimes I miss the extra heat :/ Doesnt seem to hurt the deck too much having the heat/ac running around behind it either (temperature wise)
Finally got busted by the cops for my green license plate lights so Im going to get some white LED ones next, hopefully they back off. Not many more big plans as of now but am looking for a better condition box & maybe saving for that 3/4 drop kit. Stay tuned if ya like...Thanks.

Feb 18, 2014
Canada

What do you mean by the DD center piece?

The deck itself is a Clarion XV401 ( DO NOT BUY, will bug eventually and cant play music...I think they have been discontinued anyways )
We removed the vents & old tuner in the center where people usually just put a normal aftermarket deck and keep the vents, and did a custom fiberglass wrapped in ....carbon fiber. It fits most 6.5" DD decks and I will probably be testing that soon, the clarion is ****ting the bed. Might buy a new dvd deck this weekend.

Sep 16, 2012
Ione, CA
What do you mean by the DD center piece?

The deck itself is a Clarion XV401 ( DO NOT BUY, will bug eventually and cant play music...I think they have been discontinued anyways )
We removed the vents & old tuner in the center where people usually just put a normal aftermarket deck and keep the vents, and did a custom fiberglass wrapped in ....carbon fiber. It fits most 6.5" DD decks and I will probably be testing that soon, the clarion is ****ting the bed. Might buy a new dvd deck this weekend.

Did you make that or buy it?

Feb 18, 2014
Canada

So if anyone hasnt already seen, I was in a collision. Truck was badly damaged (aesthetically)

And finally, the vehicle that hit me.. hahah...

Feb 18, 2014
Canada

So, that was basically the wheel alignment when the steering wheel was straightened, took it to shop a few days after and they did an alignment, came pretty close to perfect. Told me I had some leaks, sweats and cracks to some parts...which I am hoping to replace this summer anyways. So all in all I lost a new/primed fender which was about ~200, a OEM gmc grille shell that i got for $40, my corner lights, which means new set for $60, my smoothie ($180) my headlight bracket ..which idk how much ( probably need new set of headlight housing..) and my bumper light...I think ill buy an LED set (what are they, ~120$?) Also going to need a new rad support, which is probably the biggest thing. & a passenger door. Hood is also kind of off, but we will see how it goes once its all straightened out in the front again. Im pretty sure all my bumper brackets are ****ed too since my old bumper only lined up with 3 out of 8 holes lmao. So those will be another.. $60 or so. All in all I would say I can fix it up pretty good for $1100-1500.............of course itll never look as nice as it did until I get it completely sanded and primed and painted up again..but thatll wait a few years yet lol..
Already picked up a fairly good condition passenger door

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2014
Canada

So the door I picked up cost me $140, and it isnt perfect shape but it seems pretty decent. Theres a bit of rust I think on the very bottom so Im going to try doctoring that up once I am at the shop where she sits again. Im sort of scared about trying to put all the mechanisms from MY door into the one i picked up, I heard its a bitch tinkering with all those small wires and all the window motors , etc..

But my vinyl is definitely going on this door and I am wondering if I can switch my rubber seals onto it aswell? The ones on it are falling off. Of course I want my window which is tinted to get swapped over aswell haha.

Anyways, I threw on my old bumper and the next OEM grille i found just so I could roll around..

sorry for the brutal HID shine...its all i took.. lol

Feb 18, 2014
Canada

So my plans over christmas break are to drill out my 30bar billet and cut up my new shell and then put that all back together, work on the new door and maybe order a new fender. Goin to be slow goin until summer is here lol.

incase I cant get my billet out for some reason..http://www.ebay.com/itm/94-99-GMC-C...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item4abd24c34b

desktop hates me and never lets me bookmark some things.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2014
Canada

Sold the truck for $5500, which will be going towards a new 96+ C1500 GMC/Silverado/Cheyenne, whichever I find first with a good body and fairly decent KM. Not much up here, but I will post if I ever find something.