79 C10 Long bed diesel

Apr 4, 2002
Alabama
So I'm debating about picking up my grandfathers old truck since he passed about 6 or 7 years ago now. It's a from what i can tell a 79 long bed Cheyenne diesel with 83k miles thats all original except for the motor of course. It hasn't run in about 6 or 7 years since he passed. I checked it over today and it seems that the oil still looks good and full, the trans fluid looks good, coolant was a bit low but evaporation maybe? i refilled it and didn't see a leak after an hour. truck has never been wrecked or painted and just has some surface rust here and there the normal chevy rust spots are still solid and cancer free. Now it has a 350 in it from what i've been told as it was swapped after the 2nd olds diesel took a crap on them after a year or two. I'll post some pictures next as soon as i get them uploaded to a share site. Ballpark what would be a good offer to your own grandmother for the truck? I know shes turned down $350 for it before. And how much do you guys think it'll take to put it back into service? Plan is currently to take an electric fuel pump and drain the tank and refill with 5 gallons and drain that before refilling and letting the trash make it to the carb or mechanical fuel pump, and replace the battery. Then it'll be an unknown from there.

Apr 4, 2002
Alabama
Looks to be pretty complete, all hubcaps and hell even the original jack is still there.

Can anyone identify that carb? figure when i go try and get it bringing a spare would be a good idea.