88 Chevy EFI Offenhauser CrossRam, The evolution of a street fighter.

Oct 3, 2006
Patterson,LA
Re: 88 Chevy EFI Offenhauser CrossRam, The evolution of a street fighter.

Dude this is one sick ride. Listen a couple of things....First how did you do what you did to the rear of your steps. Like behind the fenders GM decided to put ugly steps. You eliminated them...HOW? And 2 what gauges did you use for your new instrument panel. This is one sexy machine brother! Keep up the good work!
This is the kit I baught, quality is pretty good for the price.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/fiberglass-Step-Shaver-kit-88-98-Full-Size-Chevy-GMC-/230893355459?hash=item35c25101c3&item=230893355459&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

I'm using VDO c0ckpit series gauges on a scratch built bezel. The other two gauges are from ebay. wide band O2 and Fuel pressure.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2010
starkville, ms

You don't have any picks from your install do you. And as far as the gauges it's VERY similar to something I want to do. Thanks!

Oct 3, 2006
Patterson,LA

You don't have any picks from your install do you. And as far as the gauges it's VERY similar to something I want to do. Thanks!

you have to cut off the steps and glass-in the shavers. you use bondo or resin jelly to fill the cracks.
you'll also need to cut the rear step support but leave enough of it for the bottom fender support.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2006
Patterson,LA

Solved the piping issue for the hydraboost return line for a classic style power steering pump.

I had to WELD a 3/8" tube in place of the hose barb connection.

Oct 3, 2006
Patterson,LA

finished my tail light design. This Thing is bright as hell. I don't think I'll get rear ended with these brake lights.

Last edited:

Doober

Sep 28, 2003
Catalina, AZ/Swartz Creek, MI

The LED thing frickin' rocks :D I'm curious about the serpentine setup though, do you think there's enough surface contact on the water pump pulley? I was just wondering since lots of times you see pulleys with a reasonably high amount of belt contact (say 90-180º or so).

Oct 3, 2006
Patterson,LA

I was pondering the water pump belt/pulley contact issue.
So far I have seen no evidence of belt slippage even though the belt is only contacting 20% of the pulley. I thought of adding a couple more idlers but I it seemed to make the drive look a little cluttered so I left them out and see of the pulley slips. From what I learned over the years is the water pump doesn't take a lot of torque to turn like the power steering, alternator, and A/C compressor. Since I'm running electric fans the load on the water pump is even less. I designed the system so the the belt tightens up during engine acceleration. You do this by moving the tensioner after the crank pulley before any other accessory so that any load produced by any accessory will cause a torque increase in the belt tensioner. The factory setup has the tensioner after the A/C compressor and smog pump; very bad design.
The LED thing frickin' rocks :D I'm curious about the serpentine setup though, do you think there's enough surface contact on the water pump pulley? I was just wondering since lots of times you see pulleys with a reasonably high amount of belt contact (say 90-180º or so).
One other thing that just hit me. The reason you see a lot of belt contact on the water pump pulley has more to do with the accessory position than the friction required to turn the water pump.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2006
Patterson,LA

Looking good. Those tailights are just bad ass!!!!!
Sweet! I think your old Chevy fenders for inner fenders is a good idea, I wanna do that with mine when I lower it.
Thanks guys, I wanted to smooth out the engine bay a little different. I thought an old stepside fender would look a lot better than a trailer tub.
The next thing on the agenda is paint. I'm going back in black with a high gloss finish. The bitch is the body has to be PERFECT. I am up to the challenge, I will work hard to get this right. Looking at my truck all wet in the rain was my inspiration.