Basic Toon Tutorial - You asked for it!

Re: Basic Toon Tutorial - You asked for it!

I'm not getting the idea after i use the pen.. you say make paths selections i must be doing it wrong.

Shouldnt i just be able to cut the wheels and tires out with the pen tool?
I used to use lasso tool and i could but this way seems better its just that i cant get it to cut out all it does is fill the layer with color

4x4K1500 said:
I'm not getting the idea after i use the pen.. you say make paths selections i must be doing it wrong.

Shouldnt i just be able to cut the wheels and tires out with the pen tool?
I used to use lasso tool and i could but this way seems better its just that i cant get it to cut out all it does is fill the layer with color
When you are using the pen tool to make a selection, when you get to the end (where you started) you need to click on the starting point to complete the path. Once that is done just right click with the pen tool and select "Make Selection..."

lowdown

4x4K1500 said:
when i make it a selection they only show up as circles and no tire and wheel
Make sure that you have the "Paths" pen tool selected and not the "Shape Layers" pen tool.
See the attached image.

The red circles show which tools you need to be using with the pen tool.

lowdown

Feb 26, 2006
Florida

I played with this idea last night, but how do you change the look from real to toon? Poster edges is a start, but I can't figure it out. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2006
Medford, OR

That looks great! I have PS now, My only problem is figuring out how to make it work-guess I'll have pick up a copy of "Photo Shop for Dummies".:charge:

koby

Mar 31, 2006
missouri

Here are my firs trys Let me know what you think

I'm supposed to do a hand drawn poster of the dark grey mustang. However I'm going to try to get by With one of these

M

Manbearpig

wooo hooo im happy
i just made one that looks f'in cool

hey quick question wanted to know how in the original LOW DOWN how did you get the reflection image to fade out like that i used the opacity thing but mine just looks like an upside down image of my truck any idea ?? ? ? ? ? ?

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2007
Chattanooga, TN

awesome write-up.. Did this in gimp, and still can tell I have a lot of learning to do. Oh well no big deal, Next time the tires go under thr truck i swear lol.