Before & After thread?

Well, I've done a little searching and I haven't found an official "before and after" thread of peoples trucks & cars from date of purchase until now.
I know there are lots of people who have done some major modifications so feel free to post your vehicles/projects

This is my truck on date of purchase. (3/1/2010)

and here is my truck as of 10/10/2011.

Feel free to post some suggestions as to what I should do next with it.. I am kind of lost on what I want to do. I wish I would have kept it more OEM style look to it. :banghead:

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2005
somewhere else
Re: Before & After thread?

I've got so many before & afters it's sick.

'92 C1500 extended cab longbed before:

'92 C1500 extended cab longbed after more stuff than I can list:

---

'94 C1500 Suburban before:

'94 C1500 Suburban after rims, 2/2 drop, stereo install, clear corners/tails, etc.:

---

'94 C2500LD before:

'94 C2500LD after more stuff than I can list (and it's kind of an old pic, more done now):

---

'94 3500HD before:

'94 3500HD after...you guessed it...more than I can list :D

Write-ups with a million pictures in the link in my sig...

Richard

Jul 3, 2011
Michigan

I really like that 3500HD, Id like to see some 95+ mirrors on it, but anything beats those elephant ears that were on here before those chrome ones.

Also nice smoked cab lights Rich.

Aug 27, 2005
somewhere else

I really like that 3500HD, Id like to see some 95+ mirrors on it, but anything beats those elephant ears that were on here before those chrome ones.

Also nice smoked cab lights Rich.
Thanks, wish I still had that truck. I chose the dumbo ears because they still gave me a good viewing area for towing but weren't ridiculously large. The large plastic mirrors are OK but since I was running a parts business, those mirrors are in high demand so I sold the few good ones to my customers and used dumbos for the shop truck. By the way, those aren't the smoked cab lights, but the plain clear ones - Recon offers them both ways. Smoked would have looked good too but I wanted them to match with the clear corners I chose.

Richard

Jul 3, 2011
Michigan

Thanks, wish I still had that truck. I chose the dumbo ears because they still gave me a good viewing area for towing but weren't ridiculously large. The large plastic mirrors are OK but since I was running a parts business, those mirrors are in high demand so I sold the few good ones to my customers and used dumbos for the shop truck. By the way, those aren't the smoked cab lights, but the plain clear ones - Recon offers them both ways. Smoked would have looked good too but I wanted them to match with the clear corners I chose.

Richard
Ohh, I see, you must of misread a little bit of what I said, the aforementioned dumbo ears were the ones in the 'Before' picture, I must not of made myself clear, but yeah, I know some people call the 88-94 chrome mirrors dumbo ears too, but I think they are alright.

I never understood why the 3500s have that piece in between the bumper and grill, do they come with 3' body lifts from the factory and thats their filler piece?