First OBS Build

Nov 18, 2013
Austin, TX
Re: First OBS Build

Been a minute since I've updated. I have since found my fuel reg was bad and leaking a bit into the vacuum line. Replaced that and that helped A LOT with my starting issues.

Also got all my cel fixed as my late xmas present from the wife arrived. Performance tune from Nelson Performance. I gotta say what a HUGE improvement!! Never will I trust some craigslister for a "flashed" pcm. Got all my tranny codes taken care of, emission codes, fans work as they should, and speedo and tach are now correct!

Now all I gotta do is get rid of my P1336 and do a CASE learn at work. Also got around to pin testing my cam sensor pigtail and everything checked out fine at the pigtail and the pcm, so my p0342 is either due to a weak starter or the sensor itself. Starter sounds really bad in my opinion so I have one on order. I got it with the motor and it was full of dirt and crud so I feel more secure with a new one anyways.

After all that is said and done, I gotta figure out where I want to permanently mount my pcm inside the cab and clean up the wires. Then I can move on to installing the new dash I picked up at the local junk yard.

Oh and I still need an exhaust, I've been driving open header for a month :rocking:

Dec 6, 2015
Spokane Washington

Been a minute since I've updated. I have since found my fuel reg was bad and leaking a bit into the vacuum line. Replaced that and that helped A LOT with my starting issues.

Also got all my cel fixed as my late xmas present from the wife arrived. Performance tune from Nelson Performance. I gotta say what a HUGE improvement!! Never will I trust some craigslister for a "flashed" pcm. Got all my tranny codes taken care of, emission codes, fans work as they should, and speedo and tach are now correct!

Now all I gotta do is get rid of my P1336 and do a CASE learn at work. Also got around to pin testing my cam sensor pigtail and everything checked out fine at the pigtail and the pcm, so my p0342 is either due to a weak starter or the sensor itself. Starter sounds really bad in my opinion so I have one on order. I got it with the motor and it was full of dirt and crud so I feel more secure with a new one anyways.

After all that is said and done, I gotta figure out where I want to permanently mount my pcm inside the cab and clean up the wires. Then I can move on to installing the new dash I picked up at the local junk yard.

Oh and I still need an exhaust, I've been driving open header for a month :rocking:
So hows this thing running man??

Nov 18, 2013
Austin, TX

So hows this thing running man??
Great man!! I love this thing. Final tune I got should put me around 340-350 hp and around 370-380 torque (at the flywheel of course) but I haven't had it on a dyno before so who knows, but my butt dyno feels it!!

I'm averaging between 16-18mpg which is awesome! Every now and then I get a throttle body code so I'm not sure if my TPS may be going out or the fact that I have the PCM tuned to work with my factory tach.

I'll be taking a break from the engine work for the time being, been buying a bunch of parts lately - 4/6 drop kit, new hood, tailgate, and a good front clip with core support. I have more Bondo than metal at this point so I want to replace the sheet metal before I start doing body work and paint. Thats way on the back burner as I want to finish drop kit first but I need smaller tires to do that first!

94slotruck

Dec 6, 2015
Spokane Washington

Great man!! I love this thing. Final tune I got should put me around 340-350 hp and around 370-380 torque (at the flywheel of course) but I haven't had it on a dyno before so who knows, but my butt dyno feels it!!

I'm averaging between 16-18mpg which is awesome! Every now and then I get a throttle body code so I'm not sure if my TPS may be going out or the fact that I have the PCM tuned to work with my factory tach.

I'll be taking a break from the engine work for the time being, been buying a bunch of parts lately - 4/6 drop kit, new hood, tailgate, and a good front clip with core support. I have more Bondo than metal at this point so I want to replace the sheet metal before I start doing body work and paint. Thats way on the back burner as I want to finish drop kit first but I need smaller tires to do that first!
YAY!! So Ill have to for sure get a custom tune...