For those who didn't attend Carlisle....

NorCal_z71 said:
man steve, those look killer.

how did you mount them to the doors? same little push tabs that hold the "stock panels on? how hard is it to get that stiff panel on there as opposed to a more flexible soft one.
I used the shell of the original panels and built off of them. So all the factory clips would be in the right place. Once I glassed the speaker baffle in, I mounted the panel on the door and did a layer of glass on the door. Before glassing anything on the truck, tape the door and cover everything as to not get resin on any paint or interior pieces. glassing the panel on the door allows it to take shape assuring fitment later. then just pop the door off and add more layers to strengthen it.

the panel still flexes enough to get them on the doors. Not bad at all..

Thanks everyone for the compliments. They didn't seem like a major modification, but they sure were...

Mar 24, 2003
cincy
those door panels are slick. where did you aim your mids at? i'm wanting to angle mine similar, but not sure where to aim my mids and also undecided on tweeter placement.

EastCoast1st said:
how much do you charge..................................................seriously?
I honestly don't have the time or the energy to tackle another set. This was my first real attempt and it took me forever...

loud1500 said:
those door panels are slick. where did you aim your mids at? i'm wanting to angle mine similar, but not sure where to aim my mids and also undecided on tweeter placement.
I aimed them as close to the drivers head as possible. a little bit more towards the dome light/console. I just didnt want to get too harsh on the mid angle because it would interfere with the dash and my leg.. I really dont compete and I rarely have a passenger, But I really think they sound sweet where they are. I will be making new kick panels next and they will be on axis. Currently they fire straight across the truck and the vocals seem a little low even with the horns. So I'm hoping angling the kicks up should improve this dramatically..

Thanks for the compliments... I try to keep improving the truck. Unfortunately I can't do it as fast as I used to. I shot my money load in the beginning and now cash is real tight..

Chuggs, I'm hoping the door panels will be done By Low Rollers show
Aug 21-22. I dropped them off monday.