Grattan Raceway Track Day videos

Nov 1, 2004
Gotham City (Detroit)
Hi all. Here are some go pro videos from 3 Balls racing event at Grattan raceway Michigan

Over the past Winter I did numerous mods, most notably are custom coilover/4 link conversion, and custom fabricated 10 bolt/ford 9" hybrid axle with Detroit true trac and 3.90 gears.

As you can see, I run out of gear on the straight away, but I will resolve that when I program ecu to upshift to 4th.

From my truck:

http://youtu.be/argIUczZ25w?hd=1&t=2m37s

Here's the view from my buddy's corvette. I come on to the picture at 11 minutes in, followed by someone's scary spin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwwW22Fb3aY&feature=youtu.be&hd=1

Nov 1, 2004
Gotham City (Detroit)
Re: Grattan Raceway Track Day videos

The ashfault sealer they used in the corners caused everyones tires to squeal like mad! My brakes work fairy well and feel good. (I'm still careful to be smooth and not stand on the pedal) I have a 2000ish master cylinder that is designed for rear discs tho. The larger calipers increase the pedal distance but increase clamping force. I always make sure there is fresh wilwood fluid so I don't have problems at the track.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2004
Gotham City (Detroit)

I am looking forward to the difference with the race pads. I should be able to brake later and harder.

Its amazing how a K&N intake and side dump cherry bomb exhaust make my truck sound like a monster! Wish it was as powerful as it sounds!

Nov 1, 2004
Gotham City (Detroit)

Are you using the original vacuum booster or did you go hydroboost?
I'm just using the stock vacuum setup. I had considered the hydroboost option..... It would definitely be better for the street but on the track I like a firmer pedal with more feedback, I think the stock setup is better for this. I have gone as far as disabling the abs because again I thing it offers more feel and the stock calibration is very sensitive, when abs is engaged ( which would be all the time) pedal feel suffers so I stick with vacuum

Nov 1, 2004
Gotham City (Detroit)

Btw, I ordered porterfield race brakes, but they didn't have the clips and dowels required. They have since rectified the situation and I look forward to using them. They are enduro compound. Hope to put them to the test October 14.... If you call them they should have a quick turn around now. Expensive, but they should stop hard and last long

Nov 1, 2004
Gotham City (Detroit)

Also, I would love to hear feedback on the ssbc front 4 piston brake kit.... $2500 is a lot to gamble with..... Wasn't very impressed with there rear disc conversion. Know anyone who has it?

Oct 17, 2005
Michigan

No. I just put in a different rear axle, mine was loud and oem posi needed rebuilding. I put a 3:73 posi under it with a budget disc swap, speedway brackets, impalla rear rotors and s-10 frt calipers. Truck feels great on the street, may put a adjustable prop valve in though, rears can lock a little sooner than fronts, would be Harry in the wet! Still haven't gotten a rear sway on it. Do you have a full build thread posted anywhere? Would love to see it all start to finish.