JBs Build Log (LOTS OF PICS)

Aug 23, 2006
Indiana
Re: JBs Build Log (LOTS OF PICS)

went and got my fenders this weekend. both need a little work here and there, but i am already done with one of them ill upload all the pics i have tomarrow.

Aug 23, 2006
Indiana

after about an hour of sanding and scraping and a lil love heres the white fender now. still a lot to do on this fender but im starting from the bottom up.

Aug 23, 2006
Indiana

well heres after one coat of primer, rough sanding, second coat of primer wet sand with 800. ill b sanding this again than anothery coat of primer wet sanded with 1500. than im done i believe. and there are a few spots that still need some work. but only a couple.

PICTURES

(round 2)

as it sits now

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2006
Indiana

still need to sand it again. clean some areas up a bit. one final coat and sanding and im done with that side, than onto the back side which i will clean, prime, spray black and clear coat.

Aug 23, 2006
Indiana

done for the day. still have sanding left to do, but i was done with it for today

but heres the problem i want to paint the other side of the fender, but with all the angles idk how to prep it for paint. i need to clean it up. i dont have access to a sand blaster, do u guys think a pressure washer would work to clean it up enough. if not what would work on this??

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2006
Indiana

well off to work on it again. quick question. when spraying the primer should i first strip all paint off the panels or just primer over them?

Aug 23, 2006
Indiana

well its been a month, and i went backwards. replaced headders with better headman long tubes, ceramic coated. have one on and waiting for a dipstick to put on the other side. all the primering and sanding i did i decided to strip. i want to go down to the baremetal so i just decided to restart on those. i went to bare metal so that i can shave the body line. drivers side is all bare metal. passenger about half done, started going around to body shops for quotes on the rust, and started finishing my back garage, aka shop. ill have some pics up in a bit.

Aug 23, 2006
Indiana

Garage pics first just for fun.
RIGHT SIDE ( center of ceiling still isnt finished because we need to insulate)

BEFORE (ceiling nor wall was drywalled)

After

Left side
Before

After
forgot to take one haha.

Aug 23, 2006
Indiana

two tone black and blue. same as southern concept old truck. saw a pick and fell in love. originally it was gonna b black but i saw it and loved it.

Aug 23, 2006
Indiana

started workin on the truck again. got the headders on and the trucks runnin. gotta paint my plastics and fenders and everthing is gonna rock and roll.