JBs Build Log (LOTS OF PICS)

hoseman44

Nov 13, 2005
somerset nj
Re: JBs Build Log (LOTS OF PICS)

wet sand and clear the lights they will look better. The paint may not hold on the wheels but if you like em like this then get them stripped and powder coated will look **** then man. or even some nbs or nnbs rims and powder coat them

Aug 23, 2006
Indiana

yea i dont intend on the paint lasting on the wheels more then this winter, MAYBE. Im lookin at some nnbs 17s right now. I really just painted them cause i was bored and not sure how i felt about a smaller rim bigger tire in black but i like it a lot.

Aug 23, 2006
Indiana

GreaseDog said:
heh, never realized it was a K1500. how'd you get it so low? still running the NP241?
i just sent u a pm. But it really isnt all that low, bout 3.5 inch drop in the front and 4.5 inch in the rear. the rear suprised me tho because with all the weight out i figured it would sit high.

N

Nick Z71

truck looks sick man i love it. i would love to have a project like that to work on, as long as i had a DD.

Aug 23, 2006
Indiana

Nick Z71 said:
truck looks sick man i love it. i would love to have a project like that to work on, as long as i had a DD.
yea its nice to be able to dd another car. i could dd the truck but its nice to be able to go work on it and if i dont finish, i dont finish and i get back to it when i can.

Toclcl

Apr 9, 2007
red deer,ab, canada

lookin so good dude!! if you dont mind me asking what did you use to paint your wheels man i wana do that to my stock 16s! so its not so much of a blow in the head from summer 4s and 2s haha

Toclcl

Apr 9, 2007
red deer,ab, canada

Bump
My best guess would be to sand with probably 220.. Then final sand with maybe a 400 grit or so to get it perfect.. Then to mask off tires if they aren't already unmounted.. Then spray with some primer, give it a couple coats (3 to 4) to promote adhesion. Lettin each coat dry, then finally going ahead and letting it sit 20 minutes before hitting it with color. Which in this case.. I would either use a rust paint gloss black? Duplicolor wheel color ( if it comes in your desired color), or something close to a rustoleum paint(gloss black, easy adhesion, etc. Then I would imagine you would hit it with a clear coat, about three even layers and let dry.. But what type of paint did you use for sure? Also, I like chrome. I have duplicolor chrome wheel coating type stuff..would you guys think that would look good? Its either black or chrome but I already have two sets of chrome (22 n 24)..

Aug 23, 2006
Indiana

sorry i missed ur post. all i did was sand with 80, then 400, 2 layers of primer, 2 coats black. to be honest its a real half assed job cause im just gonna powdercoat them when i need new tires. I think i used rustoleum

Toclcl

Apr 9, 2007
red deer,ab, canada

Yeahh. Well I plan on doing a good job n taking my time haha ill post a thread when I do it. As well did you use duplicolor black on the muffler n piping? Gonna do that to mine when I get my full system.. And this POR product u used to undercoating?? Where did ya find that from? Online.. I used rubberized undercoating on mine and it seems to be alright.. As long as u top it off every once in awhile. Mite pop in to a bodyshop see what they use but other than that any suggestions on undercoating products?

Aug 23, 2006
Indiana

for the exhaust i just made sure there was little to no rust and hit it with 3 coats of flat black high temp paint. im not positive but i think it was rustoleum, the por 15 seems to be working great so far, ill find out when i take the rear end back apart during x mas.

Toclcl

Apr 9, 2007
red deer,ab, canada

Oh okay man thanks. I'm going to try duplicolor hi temp black, have a can kicking around and if it works hey ill know what to use lol. Also what exactly is it? Is it a flexible chip resistant undercoating? Don't want it to flake off. As well where could I get it being I live in canada. Thanks for your help its much apprecoiated

Toclcl said:
Oh okay man thanks. I'm going to try duplicolor hi temp black, have a can kicking around and if it works hey ill know what to use lol. Also what exactly is it? Is it a flexible chip resistant undercoating? Don't want it to flake off. As well where could I get it being I live in canada. Thanks for your help its much apprecoiated
Napa stores have it around here, i'd give them a try.