JBs Build Log (LOTS OF PICS)

Toclcl

Apr 9, 2007
red deer,ab, canada
Re: JBs Build Log (LOTS OF PICS)

Alright thanks a lot.. Ill definitely stop in there next day I have off. Also do I have the option not only to buy it in a spray rattle can but as well as in a bulk container.. Not sure what to call it but the large tomato soup type containers? Hopefully you can kind of get whati am trying to say. I just need a bit of touch up in a rattle can to use before the snow flies, and then I plan on doing a box off undercoat in the spring, so hopefully I will be able to use an undercoat gun with this product. Also black90 sport, siiick truck! Absolutely perfect and looks amazing! Another question, did ya sandblast the frame before that por15 or did you just pressure wash and go to town? As well as did you use a rattle can or an undercoat gun and the product? (I plan on using the gun), so if ya got any tips lemme know!
Thanks and sorry for the essay, Todd

Aug 23, 2006
Indiana

Well its been a while since i actually did ne thing but i have this week off school so i wanna get quite a few things done ive been puttin off.
Got my new HD drilled and slotted rotors, performance pads, HD calipers, and new SS lines on today. Didnt have anyone around to help me bleed them so that will happen tomorrow.

The rest of the week i hope to deaden the cab and put in the new black carpet, paint the bucket seat frames and install those since i cant sell them. And start on making the center console. I also hope to polish and seal the rims, wash, clay bar, and wax the truck as well.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2006
Indiana

yea yea. call me not crafty enough then haha. this is actually my first brake job so id like to have my dad help me out (first time hed help me do ne thing on the truck) to make sure its done correctly. its not too hard i know but meh its not like id drive it ne way. its only gettin cleaned up to go out on thrusday to show the fam since it used to b my uncles and no one has seen it then puttin her back in the garage maybe under a cover.

Sep 19, 2005
Tuscaloosa, AL

Black90Sport said:
yea yea. call me not crafty enough then haha. this is actually my first brake job so id like to have my dad help me out (first time hed help me do ne thing on the truck) to make sure its done correctly. its not too hard i know but meh its not like id drive it ne way. its only gettin cleaned up to go out on thrusday to show the fam since it used to b my uncles and no one has seen it then puttin her back in the garage maybe under a cover.

I was wondering what the fancy wheels were doing back on it. :aniteef:

Aug 23, 2006
Indiana

yep. gotta show the fam what i did with the notorious black truck as it is known in most of indianapolis. he worked at the indianapolis water company so a lot of people knew him by this truck and i worked at the IWC this summer and my dad works there also so a lot of guys who work there have been buggin me to see it but i havent showed it to ne one yet. This spring ill have to make some rounds since itll b good enough to show off.

Aug 23, 2006
Indiana

yea they look brighter in the pics then they are. it was dark plus my camera is pretty crappy, once i get outside pics today or tomorrow i think youll see how they really look.

Aug 23, 2006
Indiana

yea when i do the motor swap im going to disassembly everything up front all new bolts and bushings and sand blast n powder coat anything that i can fit in my PC oven and por 15 the rest that dosent fit and the frame.

Aug 23, 2006
Indiana

Grant i dont see a video of you driving that z. So stop posting and start putting some carbs back on. :lol: :lol: different project for a different day. TOday the new carpet is going in and it looks like i just sold my wheels

Sep 19, 2005
Tuscaloosa, AL

Black90Sport said:
Grant i dont see a video of you driving that z. So stop posting and start putting some carbs back on. :lol: :lol: different project for a different day. TOday the new carpet is going in and it looks like i just sold my wheels
:lol: Workin on it now. Nice job on the sale. :cool:

Aug 23, 2006
Indiana

well i ended up not sellin the wheels :( Deal fell through so if anyone is lookin for new leather seats or some 20 inch wheels PM ME!
Got the brakes all done. ended up not bein able to use the original set up i had so ill b sellin that and lookin for a big brake kit in the next few months.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2006
Indiana

well in the little free time i had today i got my bucket seat mounts all cleared of rust and painted. also got some new black molded carpet for my interior which im really excited about.