Low97tahoE's "new" '01 ECSB build

Mar 8, 2010
Central, Louisiana
Well it's about damn time I started getting updates from this site again. Good to see this thing is still going. Everything is looking great! I finally installed some long tubes on my truck. Also I am probably going to order my cam,springs ,pushrods next week through Texas speed.

On a side note....what Efan harness do you have now? I'm going to swap my LS1 fans in sometime and looks like very few make a harness anymore.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
Thanks man.

Niice! What cam u going with?

Im using the Nelson fan harness. Haven't had a single issue

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Sep 9, 2009
Illinois
Hmmm..I'll have to check their site again.

the cam is just their 220r cam. 220/220 .600 with 112LSA. He pretty much said that was the max he'd go with stock stall. Stall is in the future but I'm unemployed at the moment so it might be a bit.

Not sure who I'm going to have tune it at the moment. Might just have to get the BB autocal deal. There was a place called Craven performance less than an hour away but I heard they went out of business.

Mar 8, 2010
Central, Louisiana
Hmmm..I'll have to check their site again.

the cam is just their 220r cam. 220/220 .600 with 112LSA. He pretty much said that was the max he'd go with stock stall. Stall is in the future but I'm unemployed at the moment so it might be a bit.

Not sure who I'm going to have tune it at the moment. Might just have to get the BB autocal deal. There was a place called Craven performance less than an hour away but I heard they went out of business.

Oh nice. Good proven cam. My brother runs it in his nnbs.

Personally I wouldn't even run a stock cam with a stock stall. Bone stock ls engines make peak torque at 4000+rpm so thsy absolutely need a converter in stock form imo. The cam will do alright but you'll notice right away it's much quicker from 3000+ rpm vs anything under that. You'll see a huge improvement with a stall change later on, but you'll be okay without it for now.

I always say build back to front. I I was gonna start with any one item it would be gears, then I'd save money and put in a converter, then I would do the cam and supporting mods. It's always better than way.

That sucks. I'd hit up the Google net and and do what u can to find a local shop. If u type in "(your state name) GM tuning" you'll usually find several results

Low97tahoE

Mar 8, 2010
Central, Louisiana
Well I sold my s10 and got me a new daily! More pics to come later. I just ordered quite a bit of parts and this one will be mild build but shoukd go fairly quick. I'll update both here. This truck is a v6 btw. Sold s10 for 2400, got a much nicer truck for 2700.

Sep 9, 2009
Illinois
Also welcome to team RCSB ..even though it's not a stepside...I'll let ya slide though...lol.

Looks pretty good by the way. Pewter is about last on my color choice as it screams old man but it always looks clean.... Which is a plus for a daily. I'm sure it will look nice with whatever your plans are.

Sep 9, 2009
Illinois
Wouldn't let me EDIT.....but just read it was only $2700.!? Looks great for that price. Have a ton of miles or something? Looking that nice I wouldn't worry if it had 300k.

Low97tahoE

Mar 8, 2010
Central, Louisiana
Wouldn't let me EDIT.....but just read it was only $2700.!? Looks great for that price. Have a ton of miles or something? Looking that nice I wouldn't worry if it had 300k.

It has 176k miles lol.

Currently needs a tailgate handle, a steering wheel (ripped bad), I'm gonna pull the dash pad and repaint it because it's black in some spots (tan interior), and a under dash harness for the power windows to function. (previous owner put in carpet instead of vinyl, nice cloth seats with folding console, and converted everything to power except he didn't have the harness for under the dash)

But it runs and drives perfectly. Runs awesome, fluids look great, maintenance kept up with, only has 2 Dents and a few scratches here and there. Basically a really great deal. And with a few hundred bucks it'll be excellent

There's a small ding in the hood but I like the 06 hood and grille more for sure. And the grill is aftermarket, mediocre quality but not a huge deal.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2010
Central, Louisiana
Not quite done lowering, it's gonna come down another inch. But here's my daily lowered on 17s. Much better

Chevy lean fix

Stopped on the way to a local meet to snap a pic in the racetruck.