Low97tahoE's "new" '01 ECSB build

Mar 8, 2010
Central, Louisiana
So last week on the single cab I changed spark plugs, wires, distributor cap, rotor, and intake gaskets.

When I got the truck I cut the cats off and replaced with pipe since they were clogged. Well with a 24" Jones Maxflow muffler it's still too loud so I cut out those pieces of pipe and welded in 2 Jones 12" glasspacks and then of course I still have the 24" muffler behind it. It made a huge improvement. Sounds much better inside and out, and is much more mellow when cruising. I used glasspacks because they are half the price of dynomax bullets and gave me the exact same result.

Here's just a pic from a local benefit show the other day for a buddy of mine. I entered my racetruck.

Also got a new phone as u can see. Love it

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Low97tahoE

Mar 8, 2010
Central, Louisiana
I changed door speakers in my single cab. Rockford prime components and Rockford punch 4x6 in the rear. Sounds awesome and only cost $110 for all of em. Can't beat these for the price. Now I have them in both trucks.

Mar 8, 2010
Central, Louisiana
I bought some new wheels for the daily. 20" chevy 5 spoke declads. I'm gonna get them powder coated silver. I also ordered center caps for 17s to put in them. I just have to get the center hole of the wheel machined to fit the caps.

I bought them already plastidipped black

I sprayed the wheels with pb blaster and pressure washed all of the plastidip off

The wheels are currently getting sand blasted

Here's a pic of the caps I ordered for them. I'm gonna have the wheels powder coated to match these caps

Last edited:

Low97tahoE

Mar 8, 2010
Central, Louisiana
Time for an update:

I bought a black dented 06 hood for my daily. The reason I bought it is to have the dent fixed and then trade a guy I know for his pewter 06 hood. He's fine with it because he's gonna paint the hood regardless cuz his truck is red. So I'm gonna get his that's already pewter and just throw It on my truck.

I also went ahead and changed the spark plugs in my Racetruck since it was time. I swapped from ngk Tr55 to tr6 which are colder with a tighter gap. It runs a bit smoother it's actually noticeable. Still just enjoying the truck

I also bought a notch for the daily and I plan to get started on it tomorrow. I'm gonna notch it and drop the back another inch

Low97tahoE

Mar 8, 2010
Central, Louisiana
I notched my single cab and put stock hangers back on, and a flip kit. I did 1/2" lift shackle on driver's side and 1" drop on passenger but it was leaning too much so I swapped the drivers side shackle for a stock shackle I had. Now it's perfect. The truck is sitting at 1/6. I'll upload some pics once I was it and get it out in the open.

Also when I'm finished with the declad 20" wheels I'm gonna go ahead and trim the coils to make it level and throw new front shocks on and get it realigned

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2010
Central, Louisiana
So I did some things. Dropped the daily another inch in the back, and I'm gonna order spindles to bring front down.

Also I did the 06 hood and grille swap. Kinda makes me want to paint the bumper cap too now lol

Also I have what seems to be a bad injector in the racetruck. I'm going to look into it today.