My 2004 Silvy Stepside DD

Sep 9, 2009
Illinois
Ya I'm still here..lol. I'll have to update the other thread sometime. I pretty much have only been updating my thread of my 90 on gmt400.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Sep 9, 2009
Illinois
Got most of my parts in and Started the tear down tonight. Need to get the right puller tomorrow for the balancer. Thinking about painting the valve covers while they are off...just unsure of what color yet. May just go black. Also have Some new wires and a cheapy eBay CAI coming. I'm probably justly going to use the tube and use a drop in filter with a modded factory airbox. Anyways a couple pics.

Sep 9, 2009
Illinois
I'm a superstitious person so I refuse to answer that question with a number...lol. cam is in ...New springs are in. Pretty much just have to button it back up. Decided to paint the valve covers and modded the coil brackets a bit so they look a little cleaner. I'll post up a few pics in a day or he's a too. I had some plumbing issues in my house so I spent part of the night dealing with that. Probably won't be able too do much tomorrow either..I'll probably be busy most of the day.

Sep 9, 2009
Illinois
After pretty much 3 days of digging my entire front yard up I'm pretty much done with fixing the plumbing. Or at least I've done all I could for the time being.

I decided tonight to work on the truck tonight even though I was dead tired. I've got everything mostly buttoned up. I have the timing cover back on, balancer on, belts back on. Hardest part so far was getting the balancer bolt off...then back on. They want you to put 250lbft of torque to the bolt but there is just no way! ..lol. it even says in the how to I read that you'll never get there.

I still need to bolt the rocker arms down and torque them to spec. I need to gap my plugs and install them...then hook the new wires up. Then install valve covers, radiator, hoses and fan/fan shroud. Then change the oil and fill the fluids up. I also modded the coil brackets to make them look a little cleaner...then gave them a quick coat of paint.

Also my CAI came in the mail along with my transgo corvette servo. Still undecided if I'm going to run the CAI as is or just use the tube and attach it to the factory air box.

Just one pic to show of the painted valve covers with before and after coil brackets.

Sep 9, 2009
Illinois
I also have a set of LS1 fans I've had forever that I'd like to swap in. Problem is is they are pcm controlled on these trucks and I done have the harness yet and not sure when or who is going to tune my truck. Anyone see any problems with me running these off of a standalone controller for the time being? That way I can swap them in and still have them work.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2009
Illinois
Re: My 2004 Silvy Stepside DD

Just a small update JIC anyone still frequents FSC. Truck finally was tuned at PBJ in St. Louis and is running like a champ. Mods on truck now are....Long tubes no cats, Gibson super truck w/ cutout, TSP 220r cam, DIY intake w/ knn drop in, LS1 fans and cragar 15" soft 8s with MT drag radials. Managed to break into the 13s on stock converter...which I'm more than happy with. 13.89 @ 99mph was the best time. 2.3 60ft so there is a little room for improvement there. Next is is definitely a higher stall. I'm thinking a somewhere around a 3600 and leaning towards a YANK. Short term goal is shooting for 12s NA...then might spray it a little. I also have a NNBS/tbss intake and 36lb injectors to swap on sometime. Just need to pick up a 90mm throttle body.

I'll get a couple new pics up shorty.