my 93 silverado and questions about lmc

Oct 17, 2015
denton texas
My extended cab 93 with 203,000 miles runs perfectly.The body is very straight.It has the 4.3 v6.I am 67, and have more time than money.I bought this old truck because it has the 88 lines which in my opinion was the best design change chevy ever came up with.I did not really want a back seat but I have grandkids and now even greatgrandkids.I have ordered the catalogue from lmc.I can look online, but for me I just like having the book in hand.My left drivers door armrest is hanging by a thread and the window actuator motor is barely moving the window.I can replace that but not sure about the armrest.Typical that a cheap piece of masonite is the backing for the screws.The hole the screw goes through to mount to the metal support bracket is wallowed out much bigger than the screw head.Finding just the armrest in a salvage yard will be hard.In 2 days on my day off I am going to pull the left door panel and replace the window motor.Maybe I can somehow fix the backerboard the armrests bolts to.Ideas on that? The lmc has a replacement grill for about 150-200.I was thinking about the chrome version but it is probably just plastic like the original grille is.Their billet grilles are at least metal.Also the squirrel cage of the heater/cooler motor under the dash makes a tick tick tick sound when the key is turned on and continues to tick for about 30 seconds after the truck is started or turned off.I will have to pull that whole assembly out.There are replacement motors I hope. The truck is the sort of tan gold color with the light brown cloth interior. My plans: replace the grille.fix the door and blower motor.cragar smoothie wheels.Get it repainted a metallic paint in the brown family.I do not have money for a complete reupholstery job.LMC has some bolton parts that lower the front 1 inch and the rear 2 inches.I might do that.Once the front is done will the whole thing need realignment? What if instead I used 1 inch lower coils? My chrome front bumper has places the chrome is chipped off.I might replace the whole thing if i can find one cheap enough.Chipped chrome looks crummy.But I was thinking about getting a painted one and having it painted to match the truck. Also is there a engine dressup kit for the v6? I have found links that says it does then when I go there it is always kits for the smallblock v 8.Input appreciated.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2006
Chandler, AZ
Re: my 93 silverado and questions about lmc

LMC has some nice stuff, but their prices seem pretty high to me. Rockauto.com has some stuff for much better prices, I have not had any problems with low quality either.

I would also check Ebay.com for other items and surprisingly Amazon.com also has some stuff.

For the armrest I would get a small sheet of aluminum and put it behind the backer board and run the screws through both for extra support.

Don't forget that Youtube.com will have lots of tutorials that can sometimes just show you what you are going to get into and allow you to know what tools you will need before you even start.

Oct 17, 2015
denton texas

LMC has some nice stuff, but their prices seem pretty high to me. Rockauto.com has some stuff for much better prices, I have not had any problems with low quality either.

I would also check Ebay.com for other items and surprisingly Amazon.com also has some stuff.

For the armrest I would get a small sheet of aluminum and put it behind the backer board and run the screws through both for extra support.

Don't forget that Youtube.com will have lots of tutorials that can sometimes just show you what you are going to get into and allow you to know what tools you will need before you even start.
thanks for the rock auto tip.Youtube showed me how to replace the window motor.good stuff on there.

Oct 17, 2015
denton texas

thanks for the rock auto tip.Youtube showed me how to replace the window motor.good stuff on there.