My Old Ride...RIP.

Feb 26, 2011
Michigan
Re: My Old Ride...RIP.

Wow that's something I've never seen or heard or thought about before... Sucks it got wrecked...
Wrecked is a light term. And sucks doesn't come close to describing it. I have to laugh about it all now, but when it comes down to it....Chevy Like a Rock. That truck saved my life. But makes me hate a-hole, shouldnt be on the rode drivers.... A LOT MORE!

Feb 26, 2011
Michigan

we need an L37 thread now lol
Well if there is enough interest, I could work on getting a post together, just some of it is a fly by the seat of your pants work. I would have to dig up some stuff, but the heavy wiring diagrams and the housing adapters, I have all the info for.

See you shouldn't sell the STS, just take the L37 and have some fun,lol.

Feb 26, 2011
Michigan

Ok only a few pics from the accident. Yes I have more but just don't want to fill a thread with it.

Yes guys, she got rolled. No fault of mine and have the trooper report to prove it. The front end is so mangled because I got pushed under a semi-trailer first (that was the scary part, the roll was a bad roller coaster):bawl: Have to admit for getting rolled on pavement no less she lived pretty well. I actually still have parts around on other trucks (Mainly the 93ext GMC 1500 I gave my sis a year ago, has its tailgate with the 32V Northstar logo still on it and some other parts.) My C3500 Has the low pro fiberglass cap I had on her.

The L37 help up nicely, the power steering pulley got busted off, but as long as the battery had a charge that truck still ran. Drove it out of the tow yard. Yes there were heads turning then too. Never lost any fluids besides PS fluid (the reservoir housing got busted too.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2003
San Antonio

Sorry to see the carnage. Thank you for posting the buildup photos. I would pick up another OBS and just transfer the powertrain from the wrecked black truck into whichever new truck you buy. OBS trucks are cheap and easy to find. You must resusitate that Northstar V8!

Dec 1, 2003
San Antonio

Sorry to see the carnage. Thank you for posting the buildup photos. I would pick up another OBS and just transfer the powertrain from the wrecked black truck into whichever new truck you buy. OBS trucks are cheap and easy to find. You must resuscitate that Northstar V8!

Feb 26, 2011
Michigan

I'm telling you Darren, your caddy plus my obs would make a pretty awesome combo, we could just swap engines :D. And NO, not the ls2.

what became of the drivetrain after the wreck?
Scrapped the drivetrain, because a moron drained the coolant then just put water back in, god forbid you pop the radiator cap and check the fact it was completely full. To fire it up, which it did (it was like a year after the accident). Then said moron never drained the water, which then froze being it was oh...FEBUARY. Motor was a complete loss. And that pushed me over the absolute edge of I will NEVER let anyone touch my trucks no matter how mundane the task is or if its a wrecked piece of metal.

But anymore I just don't have the time for a project like that again. I miss it and did try to talk my dad into putting it in the 93 ext cab GM I bought a month after the accident, but the time just was not there. Plus that Northstar wasn't meant to pull a horse trailer, it was a driver. And I was in the need for a puller.

It sucks that it was a loss completely.

Feb 26, 2011
Michigan

very nice great job sorry for the loss thanks again for the bumper tip hope that you came out of it ok
Yeah walked away without a scratch.
Looking at these pics again makes me miss this truck a bit. I wouldnt mind having it again so that the big truck wouldnt need to be a daily driver. Even though it has compareable milage.