My Propane Powered SAS Resto Project

Scruffer

Sep 13, 2006
Greenleaf, Wisconsin
Re: My Propane Powered SAS Resto Project

Very cool build! I just read through the whole thing. Keep up the good work man! I'll be looking forward to seeing more.

And by the way... those diff covers are SICK!!!

Dec 6, 2007
Medina, OH

well progress has been slow due to overworking myself and lack of tools at the house. I am a professional technician and work six 12 hour days and i hate having to remember which tools to tote home to work on the project... but dont worry, i baught a set of blue point tools for the house so now i should have no excuse for not working on it.

we went and got the cab from the body guy and got it over to Bonedust"s house awaiting the trip to the paint guy, so i took the oportunity to rip the interior out

got the HVAC box ripped out so we can get the sheet metal sprayed with "Spectrum"

Back at my house.... I found that a different crossmember is needed to clear the front driveshaft, so this will do for now... also went with a different exhaust offset...

Also had to move the rear calipers to a better spot...
from next to the leaf spring

to a lower spot

Been recharging the red tops getting ready to start the engine

Awesome.

bonergrout not paying you for all that work you've done for him?

I'm betting 72 hours a week is nice compared to that previous spell when you put the boat up for sale. Betting you're glad you kept it now.

May 14, 2008
medina, ohio

not really, altho im all about the secret hiding places. mainly a single rear seat, streamline stereo, and someplace to hang the flowery panties he buys at the mall.

Dec 14, 2006
Lima, OH

not really, altho im all about the secret hiding places.
hey dust not to divert this awesome build off topic but is it true that "secret" compartments are illegal under ohio law? If I recall correctly when they caught a Tundra here with a secret compartment full of dope one of the charges had something to do with the compartment itself being an illegal vehicle modification.

hey dust not to divert this awesome build off topic but is it true that "secret" compartments are illegal under ohio law? If I recall correctly when they caught a Tundra here with a secret compartment full of dope one of the charges had something to do with the compartment itself being an illegal vehicle modification.
I wouldn't make it a real secret, just don't advertise it's a compartment. Kinda like how there's a spare tire under the box, hanging there. Don't put a sign that says " Lift me! Look at me!" and I'd think it could hardly be considered a secret, especially if no effort goes into making it concealed.

May 14, 2008
medina, ohio

not sure off hand, but i will certainly get the lowdown.