My Propane Powered SAS Resto Project

Sep 4, 2007
Georgia
Re: My Propane Powered SAS Resto Project

LPG PWRD said:
Yea, I know it is taking way too long. I only get to work on it on the weekends since its over my dads. All my tools are there too and the machine shop is 20 minutes from his house compared to an hour from mine. Oh well.... And rob gets to drive it first :read: but he has to drive here to drive it
i always knew you liked rob more. :bawl:

I know how you feel man. my garage is a 20 second walk from my room and my tools are down 2 flights of stairs. In the end i never get anything done. :nopity:

but for real, i dont know how i am going to work on the truck next year. my **** will be 2 hours away.

Dec 6, 2007
Medina, OH

This weekends progress..
Well I got a letter from the city saying I have to move my "boat" from the front yard. So now I have a legal battle with the truck getting done. :whatever:

On friday, I got the axle back after they put the inner seals in that damn thing, this time.. Also my packages arrived from PORC and DIY4X. Got my 4340 Yukon axle, razor back diff cover, and clocking ring. Saturday got the front axle under the truck and started assembling it. Sunday finished bearing adjustments, clocked the tcase, installed diff cover, and filled the driveline with fluids.

D60 under it

1 1/4" x 1/4"wall tubing tie rod

Warn Premium hubs

DIY4X.com razor back diff cover

Clocked tcase

Tapped gear box mounted

What it looks like now (overall)

May 8, 2008
Chicago Area

I know this would probably be kinda hard, but have you considered making totally custom headers? that way you can make them so that they have perfect clearence all around?

The way those camaro headers look, you said you gotta grind down the weld on the collector, im sure those things are gonna vibrate a bit, and even if you did grind down those welds it doesnt seem like there is enough space in there to allow even minimal vibration or movement.

just my 2 cents...

sweet build up tho, love that tire/wheel combo. that truck will be a beast when its done.

Apr 5, 2007
WI

LPG PWRD said:
This weekends progress..
Well I got a letter from the city saying I have to move my "boat" from the front yard. So now I have a legal battle with the truck getting done. :whatever:
How in the hell can you mistake that for a boat?!?!?! Gotta love when they let people who don't have a clue run the show.

Feb 29, 2008
The Fo Fo Oh

Tell the city to come over and shove one of them LT headers up there ass.

but looks good man! Finally comin together and lookin like a truck rather than a pile of scrap! :aniteef:

What you doin bout the city bitchin then?

Dec 6, 2007
Medina, OH

WetPaintYukon said:
They just look nice dammit! :read:
Oh :lol: ok... yea, kert at diy4x gives you all the hardware you need when you order something form him... very pleased with everything I have got from him :10:

May 14, 2008
medina, ohio

lookin very good, man!

hey, do you have any rear axles left over? im looking to build a trailer with a truck bed to match the 'burban and i need an axle and leaves.