My Truck Through Its Stages

GREENSIERRA

Feb 14, 2006
winnipeg, Manitoba
Re: My Truck Through Its Stages

lol
I did somemore painting today, painted my rear diff, tie rods, rear brakes(still have to clean and paint the fronts) u bolts etc....
put my upper ball joints in, brake lines in and put my gas tank in place so I can use the rubber hose clamps I got to run all the fuel lines. I will then pull the gas tank back out so I can paint it.
the truck should actually be able to roll around tomorrow if I want to but I am gonna keep all the tires off and cab off until the motor is in, it will make it easier being lower and I can also move the frame forward to make it easier to slide the motor in.

GREENSIERRA

Feb 14, 2006
winnipeg, Manitoba

I worked on the truck today
got the fuel lines, nitrous lines and air locker lines ran, put the rear diff in along with one traction bars, finished up some of the front end.
still have to clean the shocks, paint the tank and clean and paint some odds and ends

GREENSIERRA

Feb 14, 2006
winnipeg, Manitoba

its been awhile since its been on its own weight
body is still not on cause I am gonna wait till the motor is in.
I bought new cv boots but they gave me 2 wrong ones so neither axle is in, have to hook the brakes up, touch up some bolts and a couple other odds and ends but other then that the frame is done.
its looking like my rotating assembly will show up this week so I will try and get it to my engine guy asap but probably wont be done till not next weekend but the weekend after. next weekend I am gonna start cleaning up all the wire loom and mount the drivers fender so I can mount the fuse box and everything on the driver fender
also got a lead on a LQ4 for $375, thinking of picking it up for the wifes Tahoe cause her 5.3 has 270km on it. still have my old 223 226, 610 605 110+4 cam that I will throw in. its either put it in the Tahoe or keep it for my 76 project truck

GREENSIERRA

Feb 14, 2006
winnipeg, Manitoba

some shiny new parts showed up today:)
just got back from dropping them off to my engine builder.
also worked on the truck today, got the front axles in and the front brakes in. spent a good part of the day replacing wire loom, got about 3/4 of it done along with the driver side fender on and the fuse box mounted.

GREENSIERRA

Feb 14, 2006
winnipeg, Manitoba

I was gonna POR15 the underside of the cab but honestly my frame got done so quick from the blasting and powder coating that I didn't have time. I have still been thinking of covering the grame and doing it still.
I haven't sanded any of the cab, if you are talking about the back of the cab that is how the paint is from factory. they paint the cab with the box on and just spray as far as they can in. it is pretty dirty aswell so it makes it look worse.
I had the day off again and went and visited a couple buddys speed shops to shoot the poop and update them on the truck so I only spent a couple hours working on the truck. I did pick up some braided -4 for the rear diff vent line, 2 relays, more wire loom, more wire and a oil filter.
almost got all the new wire loom on and while I was at it I cleaned up a lot of the wiring and ran them in different wire looms to clean things up a lot, ran new bigger wire for my nitrous, I was never happy with how my nitrous was wired so I figured out how I am gonna do it now.
gonna re mount my solenoids, really thinking of buying a 90mm nitrous plate and gonna be making all new nitrous lines so they are correct length and clean it up a lot.

GREENSIERRA

Feb 14, 2006
winnipeg, Manitoba

worked on the truck for abit today
said screw it and took the walls out from under the cab and put the cab back on the frame, ran all the wires all the way to the back, put the brake lines in place, ran some of the wires in the front that wont interfere when I put the motor in, both bleeders broke off in the rear calipers when I tried loosing them for when I will bleed them so I drilled them out and bought new bleeders, grabbed all the fluids I will need for the truck and that is about it.

May 16, 2009
Arizona

I figured you where going to undercoat the bottom of the cab sense you where going through so much work on the frame. I saw the sanding on the fire wall I assume you planning on doing undercoating.

GREENSIERRA

Feb 14, 2006
winnipeg, Manitoba

I haven't sanded anything on the firewall. lol
I was under the truck today and I am gonna do the bottom of the cab, figured since everything else is gonna be painted I may aswell do that to

GREENSIERRA

Feb 14, 2006
winnipeg, Manitoba

spent a little time on the truck this weekend.
put the rear brakes back on and got everything all hooked up for the rear brakes, I was never happy with my rear shackle angle so I moved the bracket forward abit to help with the angle, grinded and painted the trans, motor mounts and the power steering bracket.
got the box back on and lined up and tightened down the cab and box. spent a good part of the day today cleaning the underside of the cab and box so I can paint it next weekend.

GREENSIERRA

Feb 14, 2006
winnipeg, Manitoba

lol
thanks man, its a lot of time and money but it will be worth it.
I took the rear gap guards off so I can paint my wheel wells flat black to match the frame, I am gonna clean up the gap guards and buy new clips. as for the front I am gonna take the gap guards off to clean them and to see how I like the look with them off. should show off the headers and possibly look alright. if I don't like the look I will just clean them up, get new clips and put them back on. also gonna paint the front wheel wells

shealyn1

Jan 14, 2010
Saluda SC
lol
thanks man, its a lot of time and money but it will be worth it.
I took the rear gap guards off so I can paint my wheel wells flat black to match the frame, I am gonna clean up the gap guards and buy new clips. as for the front I am gonna take the gap guards off to clean them and to see how I like the look with them off. should show off the headers and possibly look alright. if I don't like the look I will just clean them up, get new clips and put them back on. also gonna paint the front wheel wells
One thing you may wanna be careful of with leaving the front guards off is the extra attention from the police. Idk how they are up there but sometimes they wanna check extra close with headers in areas with emissions any way.

GREENSIERRA

Feb 14, 2006
winnipeg, Manitoba

One thing you may wanna be careful of with leaving the front guards off is the extra attention from the police. Idk how they are up there but sometimes they wanna check extra close with headers in areas with emissions any way.
we don't have emissions out here and the truck is just a toy now so it doesn't get dailyed.
the cops out here are dicks but headers is something they cannot bother me about and it really is the least of there worries compared to the rest of the truck. lol

GREENSIERRA

Feb 14, 2006
winnipeg, Manitoba

I haven't had much time to work on the truck lately but I did put the rear bumper on, painted the underside of the cab and got the transmission in.
I was gonna paint the underside of the box but it is pretty tight under it and dirty so I am gonna leave it for this summer and next winter I am gonna pull the box and scrape it and paint it then.
my rotating assembly is getting balanced tonite, not sure when I will get the motor back but I should have it back before not this weekend but the weekend after, I will hopefully be putting it in then and get a lot of it back together. maybe have it running in the next couple weeks:)

GREENSIERRA

Feb 14, 2006
winnipeg, Manitoba

its looking like I will get my motor back tomorrow night or Saturday so I will be going full force on the truck this weekend if I get it back.
everything from the trans back is pretty much done. just need to get a filter for my diff vent and my fuel tank vent.
ordered up a new wideband sensor, rear shocks and braided brake hoses.