My Truck Through Its Stages

GREENSIERRA

Feb 14, 2006
winnipeg, Manitoba
Re: My Truck Through Its Stages

they have been getting louder and louder over the years, a lot of it was due to not having a vent tube on the diff. it was just a open hole on the diff that water would get into and even tho I would change the diff fluid a lot of water has gone in.
I am going into the garage right now to finish off the nitrous and also fix a brand new cv boot that slid off the clamp

GREENSIERRA

Feb 14, 2006
winnipeg, Manitoba

finished up all the nitrous today and also borrowed a friends set of scales.
truck defanitly didn't weigh what I thought it would, with me in it, full tank, sub in, tool kit in the truck weighs 5630lbs.
I took weight out where I thought I could while it was apart and it seemed to help

GREENSIERRA

Feb 14, 2006
winnipeg, Manitoba

loaded the truck onto the trailer and towed it to my brothers with the wifes Tahoe.
my dad is gonna take it to my buddys tomorrow morning, hope he has time to get it fixed tomorrow.
you can see my D60 in the pics, I was supposed to pick it up the day that my rear diff decided it no longer wanted to get beaten on

GREENSIERRA

Feb 14, 2006
winnipeg, Manitoba

thank you, I have almost 900km on the new setup and I am loving it.
I got all the nitrous done besides running the -6 feed line.
my buddy called me today to let me know if my tires are on route or get me a price on some boggers. I was at work and didn't get a chance to call him back so I will on monday

GREENSIERRA

Feb 14, 2006
winnipeg, Manitoba

threw my back out last Friday so I have been taking it easy and haven't really gone out since. so today I decided to go out for abit and grab some parts, I grabbed a full case of brad penn 20 50 motor oil, filter, new belt tensioner and idler pulley to fix a belt squeak. also ever since last year with the 6L I will have crazy oil pressure all the time but when I am on the highway my oil pressure will fluctuate but never lower then half, so today I decided to grab a new melling oil pump, o ring, cam retaining plate and new screws for the plate.
I am hoping to get a chance to pull the timing cover and oil pan to change the pump this weekend, while I am at it I am gonna pull the cam to inspect it and also pull some main caps to see how its all looking.
also called Geoff from EPS today to get a new cam speced, its looking like its gonna be 244 256, 629 604, 114+3. I will get it ground in fall and put it in this winter.

GREENSIERRA

Feb 14, 2006
winnipeg, Manitoba

well I pulled the pan to change the oil pump and while I was at it I checked some bearings and all tho they didn't look to bad I still had some aluminum on them. my rod bolts where hitting on my windage tray. I spaced the tray for the stroker but I guess I didn't space it enough.
I got new main and rod bearings on order and my engine guy is gonna try and roll them in with the motor still in. I will add a couple more washers to the windage tray to clearance it more.
hoping to have it back running this weekend some time.
that is gonna eat up the money I was gonna use for the fancy nitrous outlet 4 port coolant crossover:(

GREENSIERRA

Feb 14, 2006
winnipeg, Manitoba

thanks man
last Friday I pulled the motor, put new bearings in Friday night and put the motor back in Saturday and got it back running.
got the tbar bolt fixed, plasti dipped my front bumper, got the last fitting needed for the nitrous setup installed and added some c16. also ordered up a TCI sfi flexplate to relplace the slightly cracked flexplate on the truck now.
don't think one of my o2 sensors was pleased with the years of race gas and adding more last night, logs look like bank 1 sensor is starting to act up. I have 2 brand new ones just waiting to go in, I have to pull the headers and weld in new bungs cause my o2 sensors now are seized in.
I was still able to drive the truck all weekend, took it to my brothers 10 year wedding anniversary last night and a car show today.
here is a pic from last night with my dads car, a buddys car, my brothers truck and my truck

GREENSIERRA

Feb 14, 2006
winnipeg, Manitoba

pulled the headers last week and put the new o2s in, the truck is running so well that I have been pretty much daily driving it since I put the new sensors in.
I still have a small crack in my flexplate so I have been really really babying it, I have a new tci sfi flex plate that I will be putting in on Friday night.
my birthday was yesterday and my wife got me a go pro hero4 black, once the new flex plate is in I should have some videos coming soon:).
my power steering is only working part time at slow speeds right now so I will have to grab a new one and hopefully install it Friday night.

GREENSIERRA

Feb 14, 2006
winnipeg, Manitoba

since I have been waiting since October for 2 new rear tires I think I am gonna just order 4 boggers on Monday.
but I am not sure if I should lower the truck a little and run some 35x14.5 or stay same height and go 37x13.
need some input

GREENSIERRA

Feb 14, 2006
winnipeg, Manitoba

for some reason I am leaning more to the 37s, yes the 35"s are lighter but I already have a traction issue so I am looking to move up in tire size to try and help come out of the hole a little better. plus I am not sure how the boggers will compare to my iroks for hooking but I am thinking they will be worse. but they look cool. lol
I ordered up a nitrous outlet 4 port steam vent kit tonite aswell