My Truck Through Its Stages

tank454

Sep 15, 2009
Santa Monica, CA
Re: My Truck Through Its Stages

All I have to say about the boggers is they they are LOOOUUUD. My vote is for the 35's just so you don't lose as much power when trying to get it to the ground, but if you're already having traction problems out of the hole, maybe 37's are the way to go.

GREENSIERRA

Feb 14, 2006
winnipeg, Manitoba

noise doesn't bother me, my truck is all around loud. lol
37" boggers are ordered, also ordered up a nitrous outlet bottle pressure sendor cause I am not sure how good my old nx one is.
got a new updated tune from Justin, tuning it on c16 from now on so he added even more timing and made some adjustments. its been super hot and raining today so I haven't gotten a chance to try it out.
I haven't ordered up a suction cup for the go pro but I have to get one asap to take some vids of me burning off whats left of my Iroks:)

GREENSIERRA

Feb 14, 2006
winnipeg, Manitoba

still working on the N/A tune, once I got it where I like it I will start tuning and smacking it with the spray. haven't used the nitrous yet.
I have 100 jets in it now to start and I will move up from that
haven't hit the track with it yet, didn't build it for the track, more for light to light racing. I will try and get it to the track once this year tho.
I haven't really got into it to much yet with the new tires but from the little I have got into it I can defanitly feel that the tires have ate up some power over my old tires.
the plan is to get a set of 36" slicks for it for when I really want to go out and have some fun

GREENSIERRA

Feb 14, 2006
winnipeg, Manitoba

I run this truck hard, was hoping to get a couple runs in against my buddys mustang last night but we never got a chance and it was super hot anyway.
my go pro had a clear cover on it so today I bought the all black case so it matches all the black on the truck. looks a lot better
hoping to get my new parts on tomorrow morning

Last edited:

GREENSIERRA

Feb 14, 2006
winnipeg, Manitoba

thanks dude
they actually fit the truck pretty good I think in person
I put my steam vent kit on yesterday along with my nitrous pressure switch. found out I have a pretty bad leak inbetween my nitrous solenoid and purge solenoid, its been pretty hot here lately (over 100f for you americans) so I didn't feel like fixing it or putting my new plugs in.

GREENSIERRA

Feb 14, 2006
winnipeg, Manitoba

lol, yeah man I have a little more lift then that.
drove the truck today and grabbed 5 gallons of c12.
I have a tune ready to go for the spray but I have to fix the leaky solenoids before I can start tuning with it. hopefully I get a chance this weekend to get it fixed up

GREENSIERRA

Feb 14, 2006
winnipeg, Manitoba

haha, yeah they were down to the wear bars.
a buddy actually still took them and put them on his rock crawler. actually all my old sets are on local rock crawlers, my old 39.5"s are still kicking.
I am kind of kicking myself for not going 35"s, these tires are supposed to be the same weight as my Iroks but they are defanitly heavier and has me thinking about selling these 37"s and stepping down in tire size. I really don't want to lower the truck down but if these tires sell then I think I will drop down.
I knew I would lose some power but this just seems like to much of a loss for me

GREENSIERRA

Feb 14, 2006
winnipeg, Manitoba

took the truck to go get fitted for a buddys wedding, my brother took his truck aswell so decided to get use of the go pro
had a little run with him, the run was defanitly not in my favor as we were going about 80Km. these tires really really slowed me down and racing at that speed really sucks for me.
his truck is really light with my old L33, 11.1 compression, my old 230-238 604 cam, the trans is the best of the best ATI th400 with a ATI 3800 stall, 4.10 gears etc.... he weights just over 3500lbs
we are gonna have another run soon from a dig and also with me on spray as soon as I figure out the stupid leaky solenoids.

https://youtu.be/sQYTWPN1zOo

https://youtu.be/qZQXAWzK-kQ

https://youtu.be/WooD6WGvJVM

BadChevyZ-71

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2004
Jacksonville, FL

Thinking about selling the 37"s and going to a 35"s? Also I've noticed you've been running iroks and now boggers, do you do any off-roading to make use of these tires or do you just like the tires and super swampers?

GREENSIERRA

Feb 14, 2006
winnipeg, Manitoba

yeah I am thinking of stepping down in tire size.
I used to wheel the truck a lot so good tires was something I needed, the iroks just worked so well in everything so I kept running them. now that the truck doesn't have to get driven everyday and I have always wanted boggers so I decided to get them.
I also think a lifted truck should have aggressive tires, that's just my opinion