My Truck Through Its Stages

GREENSIERRA

Feb 14, 2006
winnipeg, Manitoba
Re: My Truck Through Its Stages

Do wish I had cam cash. Might ditch the truck for a 'hoe, so if you L33 swap your wife's, do post.
to be honest I love driving her Tahoe, it just feels lighter and feels pretty peppy already. it has 4.56 gears, tru trac, 315s and a local tune that is whacked but have a black bear tune on the way as we speak.
I think she would have one of the faster tahoes at soccer practice with my L33 in it. lol

GREENSIERRA

Feb 14, 2006
winnipeg, Manitoba

thank you
waiting to hear back on a set of 37x14x17 bias iroks. they are lighter then my 36"s and will be wider so I will see how I like them. Kinda scared to see how they will be in the winter with the flat spots. lol

Nov 24, 2005
Lanark, Ontario

thank you
waiting to hear back on a set of 37x14x17 bias iroks. they are lighter then my 36"s and will be wider so I will see how I like them. Kinda scared to see how they will be in the winter with the flat spots. lol
Meh, whump, whump, whump, for the first 10min.

I survived bias swampers on an 84 burb. Also swore I would never do it again. :D

GREENSIERRA

Feb 14, 2006
winnipeg, Manitoba

Just ordered Cognito 50" traction bars. the truck hammers people out of the hole but I really have to either roll out easy or peddle it through first and part of second so I know I can launch a lot harder and I think traction bars will really help me.
The reason I am looking into bias ply tires is mainly for weight reasons, I think the weight difference between my 36" and the bias ply 37" is 16lbs or so each. that saves a lot of rotating mass for top end and the taller tire will help a little to take away some of the low end that my truck defanitly doesn't lack with my gearing and converter.

GREENSIERRA

Feb 14, 2006
winnipeg, Manitoba

I leave on my honeymoon on Monday so I figured since I wont be driving the truck I may aswell pull the heads and get them shaved .30, get a 3 angle valve job, put some new lifters in and then measure for some new pushrods when I get it back together when I get back.
should put me at 10.4 compression.
I was gonna get them ported and polished while I had them out but if I was gonna spend that much I would just get a set of aftermarket heads.
Its a buddy that used to do all my engine work so he is gonna do it on the cheap and it should net me a little more power

GREENSIERRA

Feb 14, 2006
winnipeg, Manitoba

hahaha, I actually wanted to sell my truck before and she wouldn't let that happen. The reason we met was cause of my truck so she said I am not allowed to sell it.
I am about to head out and rotate the tires on her Tahoe and then start tearing my truck apart:biggrin:

GREENSIERRA

Feb 14, 2006
winnipeg, Manitoba

I ordered up some .40 head gaskets to give me more compression, have to clay the pistons to make sure it will work. I do believe I will be around 10.7 or so compression.
while the heads are off I told my buddy to go ahead and do some porting aswell in trade for tuning on his Denali:head:

Nov 26, 2012
Green River, WY

I really like the truck, I will live vicariously thru you. I don't off road enough to justify putting that kind of work into my trucks. I am however interested in the performance work you have done. I want to put a fresh engine in my '94 k1500 when I get back from deployment.

In Texas they have bumper and headlight height laws. Pretty easy to put a bumper drop front and rear with a set of light on the front. The bumpers I saw when I was a cop were built to be quickly and easily raised when needed for off roading. there is almost always a way. I do understand Canada has so many more laws, I was born in BC and raised in Alberta. I like the freedom to be as stupid as I want as long as Im not hurting anyone else. The bumper laws originated to protect the person who rear ends you. I have wondered seriously "how many times did someone rear end a jacked up truck for the legislators to decide they had to step in a make a law about it." I guess it only takes one spoiled rotten kid of a politician, driving his daddies Porsche under the back of a truck while high or drunk and killing someone. (my sisters ex husband). Only he didn't run under the back of a truck, he ran a stop sign killed a woman and they blamed the stop sign. Now there is a traffic light at that intersection.

Last edited:

GREENSIERRA

Feb 14, 2006
winnipeg, Manitoba

Our laws are ridiculous, our bumper height law is 29" to the bottom and I was WAY over that. I made a bumper that comes on and off with 2 bolts, head light heights are 54" and I blew those away. I failed every law miserably.
I am having more fun making it faster anyway. Lol
If you have any questions feel free to ask