My trucks

Re: My trucks

What alot of people don't understand is the W/T package of GMT400 trucks is a package on top of the "cheyenne" which is the bottom of the line of OBS. whether they did it on GMC i don't know. Cheyenne-Scottsdale-Silverado was the order they used back in the 88-94ish era. You hardly ever see scottsdales....I'll have to find out but the W/T package may even have been a dealer thing. like they'd order a stripped down 4.3 truck and throw stickers on it and sell it cheap to contractors.

W/T got you a longbed reg. cab truck with a 4.3....2wd or 4x4....auto or 5spd but no matter what you got the 4.3 and a longbed.... My dad had a 94 RCLB 4x4 w/4.3 5 speed that said W/T on the door and tailgate. had a cloth seat and that was it,

However my cousin has 98 RCSB 2wd with a 4.3 and its a cheyenne with vinyl interior and crank windows, but its a shortbed so it's not technically a w/t truck, it says cheyenne on the b-pillar

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2009
West Virginia

What alot of people don't understand is the W/T package of GMT400 trucks is a package on top of the "cheyenne" which is the bottom of the line of OBS. whether they did it on GMC i don't know. Cheyenne-Scottsdale-Silverado was the order they used back in the 88-94ish era. You hardly ever see scottsdales....I'll have to find out but the W/T package may even have been a dealer thing. like they'd order a stripped down 4.3 truck and throw stickers on it and sell it cheap to contractors.

W/T got you a longbed reg. cab truck with a 4.3....2wd or 4x4....auto or 5spd but no matter what you got the 4.3 and a longbed.... My dad had a 94 RCLB 4x4 w/4.3 5 speed that said W/T on the door and tailgate. had a cloth seat and that was it,

However my cousin has 98 RCSB 2wd with a 4.3 and its a cheyenne with vinyl interior and crank windows, but its a shortbed so it's not technically a w/t truck, it says cheyenne on the b-pillar
I've seen a few W/T trucks with 305s and 350s, but they might of not been original. And they usually have a painted front bumper, but not always.

Last edited:
May 4, 2005
New Jersey

look around, you won't see a truck with that grille opioned out, and a work truck covers a much bigger number of trucks than does an SS. a work truck isn't bad, it's just what you have.

Jul 6, 2009
West Virginia

look around, you won't see a truck with that grille opioned out, and a work truck covers a much bigger number of trucks than does an SS. a work truck isn't bad, it's just what you have.
I don't have any W/T stickers, so it isn't a W/T. It is a 1994 GMC Sierra SL C/1500. Its actually not a base truck anyways. A base truck didn't have as much plastic in the interior as the others did. My truck did have all of the plastic, but I changed it over to the base interior.

May 4, 2005
New Jersey

they did, the SL trim, it may not have said "worktruck" but it's a worktruck. it doesn't say "V8" on the side either, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have a V8

May 4, 2005
New Jersey

The 1993 "sport" came with that grill, but it was color matched. No clue why but it did.
the blazer sport and tahoe sport also came with a plastic grille but it was the nicer grille just in black plastic and not chrome. i still say that grille is indicitive of a work truck