pics of obs tahoes/yukons

Mar 24, 2008
Louisiana
Re: pics of obs tahoes/yukons

How do you guys like them. Whats the honest gas mileage in town and interstate, I have seen the numbers all over the place. Can you fit a sheet of plywood in the rear with the seats folded and still close the barn doors.

Dec 15, 2008
Colorado

We have a '96 with the old tailgate style access. Gets about 15 in town (just puttering up to speed) and 17-18 hwy at about 65-70.

Has 212k on the clock and still going.

Dec 22, 2008
Rowlett, TX (Dallas)

How do you guys like them. Whats the honest gas mileage in town and interstate, I have seen the numbers all over the place. Can you fit a sheet of plywood in the rear with the seats folded and still close the barn doors.
I love the Hoe & the barn doors never bothered me. They are actually useful.

I've fit plywood, sheetrock, hardy backer boards, washer, & a standup glass shower in the back with the seats down.

Waaaay back in the day when she was stock, I got 13-15 in the city an 17-19 on highway runs.

Jun 10, 2008
St. Charles, MI

Mom's old '98 Yukon. Had the barn doors in the rear. The one vehicle she wishes she didn't sell. I still see it though and its still taken care of.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2009
Newton, NJ

What the hell...

I'll whore it out some;

Pictures when I first got it (after a wash) (9/9/09)

------------------

More pictures after another wash (3/1/10)

(Ignore the bologna skin tires that I'm running on, they were replaced a few days after these photos)

------------------

(5/15/10) Truck after going through a 1,000 mile trip FL to NJ without having been washed since 3/1/10

------------------

Only mod I've done to it was to put 265/70/16 on it and a smoothie bumper that I've yet to get straightened out. (it sits crooked)

From this:

To this: (hit all the rust with a wire wheel then Rustoleum metal sealer/rust preventer)

To this: (then covered the brown/red paint with a black paint sealer coat) (not dry in this pic)

To on the truck: (the camera in the pic is level, driveway is slightly crooked)

------------------

And a stock exhaust vid:

I'm done :looking:

Last edited: