Power windows and locks upgrade

Apr 12, 2007
Central ILL
updated 04/05/09

I will be offering full upgrades in the couple of weeks. I am working on a parts list and options available. I will also develop an instruction sheet for you members that are willing to tackle this task. I may be able to perform the upgrade for a fee. This will take some planning and devotion on both parties part. I have 6 members lined up for the upgrade. I'll list who you are and where we stand with you parts. Here we go. Another Frankenstein experiment in process.

Well here we go.

I am going to start a thread devoted to upgrading from manual windows to power. There has been enough interest in this area to support a single thread on it. I will be developing a sticky in the near future to guide members in the process. I will developing 3 stages of kits to help members get to their ultimate goal.

Stage one(99-02 only). This will be door wiring only and guts only. This will include the inside dash plug and a pigtail with 6 inches of wire. I will include the regulators door wiring and the latches for the l+r doors. If you have door panels this is the most basic kit. One important not. You will have to wire the locks and window yourself. You will never have factory electric locks or a remote if you do this kit. If you have an 03-07classic and do not want to change your dash harness this is the only repeat only way you can upgrade. 03-07 models run through the bcm so you must use a dash harness to go factory. approximately 250$

Stage 2(99-07) This will be for any year. I will design this kit as all the part minus the door panels. You will get all the wiring from the dash harness and the doors. It will also include the regulators and the latch for both doors. It will take time and planning to make sure your dash harness is completable. This is the time to add your factory Bose, xm or digital climate control. aprox 350$

Stage 3 will be everything form the door panels to all the wiring and the switches. This details will need to be worked out as to color year model and all. This will be by far the hardest set to put together so it may cost a little more. aprox 550

I will need your year, model, options such as motor, trans, 4wd or 2wd, transfer case style (push button or stick). I would be more than happy to talk to you personally.

I have the following members listed for an upgrade

Canucktruck 2wd 04 rcsb(fullsizechecy)
RassyMX(gmfullsize) 05 4wd(wt) ecsb Full up ls swap (I have the dash harness)
silverado046.0 04 4wd 2500hd rcsb pw/pl swap out(full)? (I have the dash harness if rassymx passes)
phatfarmer2 99 2500 4wd rcsb stage one kit(fullsizechecy)
02:26 PM ak22silverado 02 ecsb 4.8 full stage 3 swap($ pending(fullsizechecy)
ZackL04 need info(fullsizechecy)

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2007
Central ILL
Re: Power windows and locks upgrade

CanuckTruck said:
for what year trucks?
I can provide from 88-94 95-00 and the onbs 99-02 and 03-07(classics). The easier models will be the 2wd models. I will attempt to fill the 4wd crew also but It will model limited.

ZackL04

Jul 19, 2004
Minnesota

I have a 99 reg-cab floor shift 4x4

I want the whole conversion, I can add digital climate to one of these trucks?

Apr 12, 2007
Central ILL

ZackL04 said:
I have a 99 reg-cab floor shift 4x4

I want the whole conversion, I can add digital climate to one of these trucks?
If you want to do a full up swap to an 03 dash yes. other wise I dought it would ever work. Now an auto climate control may be an option like they offered in the 00-02 suv's and crew cabs. That will be a new area for me to take on but it can't be that hard to do.:naughty:

ZackL04

Jul 19, 2004
Minnesota

is this something I can install all myself? Most I have done is speaker replacement and sub/amp install on the electrical side

stukinarut

Apr 12, 2007
Central ILL

ZackL04 said:
is this something I can install all myself? Most I have done is speaker replacement and sub/amp install on the electrical side
The doors are all just unplug and then plug in. The dash would take a good mechanic 4 hours. If you have a budddy good with mechanics have him help. The dash is quite a bit of work. We pulled on Friday frm an 05 dmax cab an we took 3 hours to take the complete interior.

stukinarut

Apr 12, 2007
Central ILL

For you Dmax folks I have a complete uncut factory pw/pl dash harness. It was pulled from an 05 auto ac/ Bose, on*, Nav and all. If you need to do an upgrade now is the Time. I DO NOT get this particular harness often. Act fast as they dissapear on Ebay. Keep the requests comming and I'll fill em as fast as I can.

mikes99z71

Jul 24, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale

I want to upgrade to power windows in my 98 its a reg cab 2wd. i already have the panels i just need the wiring. what kind of price am i looking at and would it be plug and play or would it be cut and splice? thanks

stukinarut

Apr 12, 2007
Central ILL

mikes99z71 said:
I want to upgrade to power windows in my 98 its a reg cab 2wd. i already have the panels i just need the wiring. what kind of price am i looking at and would it be plug and play or would it be cut and splice? thanks
You will need door inner cards the wiring and the power window hanress for the dash. It is an add on harness. I can get you all the parts for 250 shipped.

Jul 24, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale

would the price of 250 include the window regulators/motors? aside from what you package what would I need? I already have power door panels. also what would be involved to get both windows to auto-down, is it just switches? thanks