project champagne 1998 c1500 (picture heavy)

Feb 6, 2016
tucson az
so lets start with the truck i scored, its a one owner 2wd ext cab 5.7
has the usual dings and dents and some paint scratches but nothing that cant be taking care on in the long run with some paint work

on to the pictures of the day i brought it home

Feb 6, 2016
tucson az
Re: project champagne 1998 c1500 (picture heavy)

i then decided being that i didn't have too much info on the truck i was going to reseal a few things, the timing cover and oil pan gasket were leaking along with a very little spot on the back of the intake
i then did intake mani gaskets, valve cover gaskets, timing cover, timing chain and gears, water pump, oil pan gasket and i think that was about it for that go around

there was some pretty nasty sludge in the oil pan that was cleaned in my parts washer very well and a new melling high volume oil pump was added

Feb 6, 2016
tucson az

i then started to do some research on what brand of lowering components i was going to use and how low i was going to go
in the long run i went with djm parts and went 5/8 drop
also me and my dad built a c notch for the truck instead of using the supplied one from djm.
here are some pictures, dont have much of the front

the bottom side was boxed in also

stock 15s 235/75/15...... those had to go

Feb 6, 2016
tucson az

i then scored some really cool eagle alloy 212 wheels in a trade deal with my pops
also found the 245/40/20s on craigslist

heres a sneak peak

Feb 6, 2016
tucson az

the tailgate on the truck was pretty messed up all bent and the handle was falling off

i was doing some searching on craigslist for a replacement and i came across this 2 hours away from me..... i text the guy and told him where i was and if he would hold it till the weekend that way i can get up there, he replied with better yet im going to be coming threw tucson on my way to new mexico
it worked out perfectly
shaved tailgate... check
still need to get a handle relocation kit

Feb 6, 2016
tucson az

it was lacking in the power department so i then did a few upgrade to the motor

started with the vmax intake spacer and the 8mini delphi injectors instead of the popit injectors