Project Truck Thread..updated pics as I go

Jimmy P

Aug 12, 2001
Michigan
www.fullsizechevy.com
Re: Project Truck Thread..updated pics as I go

Body work roughed in, just sprayed the rest of the truck with black epoxy primer this morning before the cold weather hits. Still need a little work on the body lines but it was nice to get it all sealed up.
Not sure what is next...maybe a 2" chop

Last edited:

Jimmy P

Aug 12, 2001
Michigan
www.fullsizechevy.com

Looking good!!! Whats the plan? You going to finish up and paint it or just drive it as it is? Nice sized garage BTW.
Thanks! I would like to get it driving for next summer in primer just to get the bugs worked out before I start thinking about paint. Still lots to do before I can drive it though.

Jimmy P

Aug 12, 2001
Michigan
www.fullsizechevy.com

Finished up 35 feet of tig welds on the inner bed sheetmetal. Not the most exciting couple weeks. For more exciting progress, the 4" aluminum tubing kit showed up and I started mockup of the dual ram air setup. Air filters are going to be a challenge with the setup.

Jimmy P

Aug 12, 2001
Michigan
www.fullsizechevy.com

I'm pretty sure this is the most viewed thread of all time on this here website.
I thought toolman was the only one left watching the updates :)

What style Mercedes are those hinges off of. Looking great btw
Not exactly sure, I would say mid 90s sedan. I dug through a pick/pull junkyard for an afternoon trying to find a suitable pair. Funny part was you have to pull the fenders off just to remove the hinges.

Just went through your thread the last hour and a half and have to say, very good job on your truck. Fab work is awesome and I Love that color blue you picked.
Thanks, glad people still enjoy reading it. 10+ years of work.

Great looking truck man.

Be cool to see more pics of that garage
thanks, these pics were taken over the past 10 years or so, so there might be pictures from 4-5 different garages over the years. I will try to get some more of the current setup for you though.

Last edited:

Jimmy P

Aug 12, 2001
Michigan
www.fullsizechevy.com

Found these handy inline air filter. They are probably not the best for flow but since I am running dual 4" tubes I will be ok. Really eliminates a bunch of airbox fab work.

Might have to black out the ducting from this angle

Playing around with some ducting ideas from the front bumper

Still need to get the MAF and IAT sensors in there somewhere, finish fitting everything and mount the tubes somehow. Then final welding and then sanding the whole thing down for a brushed finish, the chrome is a little too flashy.

Aug 1, 2005
maryland

Nice work. I really like that 3rd brake light, is it out of a escalade? That might be my next body mod even though I have that small one on my truck now.

Keep up the great work!

Get an LS2 mass air flow, it has MAF and IAT integrated into one housing, just get the matching 5 pin connector also. I would try to put the MAF right before the throttle body, it may wig out if u put it in just one of the tubes.

Jimmy P

Aug 12, 2001
Michigan
www.fullsizechevy.com

Nice work. I really like that 3rd brake light, is it out of a escalade? That might be my next body mod even though I have that small one on my truck now.

Keep up the great work!
Thanks, its actually a trunk mounted light from a 90s Caddy sedan, SLS I think. Its not exactly a bolt in deal but the work is worth it I think.

Get an LS2 mass air flow, it has MAF and IAT integrated into one housing, just get the matching 5 pin connector also. I would try to put the MAF right before the throttle body, it may wig out if u put it in just one of the tubes.
I am looking into the LS2/LS7 card style sensors. Just trying to avoid a lot of tuning and reliability issues. It will have to go just before the throttle body, dont want to have to deal with trying to tune dual MAF sensors.
You still in Hartland? Didnt think there were any other lowered truck fans around SE Mi :)

Last edited:

I put an LS2 MAF in a 700hp firehawk i built and never had any issues. it wasnt the card style though but i actually see how it could be better to go with the card style cuz it fits right in the tubing instead of its own housing that takes up alot of realestate.

yeah still in hartland, still have my white truck too haha but it sits, current project is a blown 383 stroked 97 tahoe on 37's. still and will always be a lowered truck fan!!! :D

Last edited: