roundsy's 2015 silverado rcsb z71 4x4

Aug 26, 2008
Ontario
Been a little while since I last posted here but I sold my 2008 GMC Sierra about 2 months ago for a 2015 Chevy Silverado LT2 Z71 4x4 regular cab short box in Deep Ocean Blue Metallic. My father initially bought this truck in March of 2015 but hardly drove it. He spec'd it the exact way I would have ordered it and put 2680 mi on it from March to October, then put it in storage until the end of May. He decided he didn't use it enough to justify keeping it (still has an 2008 Silverado) so we worked out a deal for it.

2008 Sierra:

The day it came home from the dealership:

As of right now, I'm not planning on lifting this one like my 2008 as I'm not sure that I want to go that high again. With that being said the plans are:

- colormatch tail gate handle
- debadge / demold
- tint windshield @ 50% and brow @ 5%
- leather swap
- CAI likely another airaid kit
- magnaflow cat back system dumped over the rear axle
- eventually would like to find a different rear bumper ('14 all terrain non-step version likely if I eventually decide to colormatch the front end too)

Currently done:
- cleared head lights
- high country grille
- 2.5" level
- 33x12.50r22 toyo open country mt (setup I kept from the 2008)
- 22x11 fuel hostage chrome -24 offset
- trimmed front valence
- painted emblems
- side windows tinted @ 20%
- LED 5000k fog lights

before the level

not quite level but pretty close

high country grille installed, currently how it sits:

If I do decide to lift it, I will be going with an FTS 7-9" kit with fabtech 2.5" dirt logic coilovers, time will tell though!

chevychris

Jun 6, 2006
kelowna, bc, canada
Aug 26, 2008
Ontario
Re: roundsy's 2015 silverado rcsb z71 4x4

roundsy - that looks AWESOME!!!

how did you get the orange markers out of the headlights? that looks soooo clean!

and now that i've seen your truck, it looks like changing to the high country grille has now been added to my 'to do' list
Thanks! I just took my headlights to a friend of mine locally that clears them, I think he bakes them to open them up.
I was either going to do the HC grille or billet and came across the HC first. I think it cleans the front end up nicely.

chevychris

Jun 6, 2006
kelowna, bc, canada

thanks

i checked out a bunch of headlight baking videos last night... i'm just nervous i'l screw up my lights! ha!

agreed - the high country grille looks awesome!

Aug 26, 2008
Ontario

thanks

i checked out a bunch of headlight baking videos last night... i'm just nervous i'l screw up my lights! ha!

agreed - the high country grille looks awesome!
I was going to open mine up but his price wasn't bad and he did a nice job with them

Dropped the stocks off with some rubber to be mounted

Aug 26, 2008
Ontario

I wasn't able to get to the tire shop to pick up the wheels before it closed yesterday but I did come across a soft tri-fold GM tonneau cover so I got that mounted.

Aug 26, 2008
Ontario

Few updates to the truck from this week and in the next coming days

Got the set of 305/55/20 cooper discoverer stt mounted on my factory 20s. Going to see how those fit without spacers to start, may try and squeeze some 1.5" ones in there if there any rub on the sway bar.

Was talking to a few local 2014+ owners for headlight bulb options (sealed headlight backend) and had these LED suggested since they don't require the air flow like fans so I snagged a set of H11s to try.

They are 6500k and 2500 lumens. The color isn't ideal as I'm a fan of closer to 5000k white but they shouldn't be too far off from the new ferds.

The truck is currently at the tinter's getting the windshield done at 50% with a 5% brow and another 15-20% over the factory rear glass. Wednesday morning it goes in for exhaust work, leaning towards a magnaflow muffler with a 4-5" polished tip dumped over the rear axle like my nnbs was. Open to suggestions for mufflers and systems though.

Also leaning back towards lifting this over the winter with my FTS 7-9" kit...

Jun 6, 2006
kelowna, bc, canada

love it!!! looks great.

hopefully not a dumb question... are you allowed to tint your windshield?? i know in bc the windshield and front driver/passenger door windows must be left clear.

years ago a friend of mine got pulled over and the cop gave him a ticket and made him remove the tint on the side of the road. the cop got it started with a razor blade and then pulled it right off.

Aug 26, 2008
Ontario

Few pics to update the thread before the truck goes into storage this week and I get started on the lift install with the new wheel setup.

20x12 weld racing cheyennes -51mm

Aug 26, 2008
Ontario

New to me weld cheyennes that are going to a shop next week that does professional polishing. This will be my new wheel setup going forward.

Back to the stock 20s with 1.5" spacers.

Hostages are gone now as well