RST tips and rollpan

Mar 24, 2008
Louisiana
heres whats for sale:
2 great condition hard to get expensive RST tips-$150 for the pair OBO
1 steel rollpan with license plate spot, the pan has been modified. It was cut and boxed to fit the RST tips-$100 OBO

Both the tips and roll pan are plus shipping. Paypal accepted. Located in Louisiana. Will meet if in a reasonable distance. Rollpan will need to be prepped and painted, its just the factory black on it.

Last edited:

Tweaks

Sep 17, 2007
Cape Cod, MA
Re: RST tips and rollpan

Dang. I remember in a previous thread that you mentioned you were moving forward with this and I was really hoping it would turn out nice. I'm surprised that some extra pipe in the 2.5 diameter terminated in those tips, with those straight-through mufflers, would create a choke in the system.

Bump for what will be a sweet looking setup on someone's truck.

Mar 24, 2008
Louisiana

Dang. I remember in a previous thread that you mentioned you were moving forward with this and I was really hoping it would turn out nice. I'm surprised that some extra pipe in the 2.5 diameter terminated in those tips, with those straight-through mufflers, would create a choke in the system.

Bump for what will be a sweet looking setup on someone's truck.
I actually finished it minus paint. I tried it again for a few days and once the computer made some adjustments, the low end is actually alot better, but the top end is still choked up. I have been thinking of putting my bumper back on. LOL

Last edited:

Tweaks

Sep 17, 2007
Cape Cod, MA

The tips werent causing the restriction, it was the extra mufflers I added when I put on the tips.
Interesting.

Tips terminating in a 2.5 inch diameter definitely won't choke performance. Most cat-backs feed out to two 2.5 diameter pipes so anything in that size or larger won't restrict flow. If I had a regular bed, this setup would be on it's way to me for sure. I have always loved the look and sound of the RST setup, but I have the stepside bed so I had to go a different route.

Oct 22, 2007
French Settlement, LA

The tips werent causing the restriction, it was the extra mufflers I added when I put on the tips.
i feel dumb now, that makes complete sense lol. Id have to add another muffler to mine also. Im still debating. I need to get the cash first though. I have the same mufflers you have but i never do anything with top end on the truck so it wouldnt hurt me too bad

Oct 22, 2007
French Settlement, LA

i feel dumb now, that makes complete sense lol. Id have to add another muffler to mine also. Im still debating. I need to get the cash first though. I have the same mufflers you have but i never do anything with top end on the truck so it wouldnt hurt me too bad