Scott's 94 Sierra

scottx .

Nov 6, 2013
San Antonio
Scott's 94 GMC Sierra

My name is Scott. I'm from Texas. This is my third OBS and my favorite so far. I work at a truck accessories shop as an installer and the main wiring tech. I've done car audio and such all of my life. Fixing up trucks is the daily grind..

This is what I do and I love it.

DONE

- Engine replaced 60,000 miles ago. GM Goodwrench long block.
- GM Goodwrench 4L60E with 70,000 miles.
- ION Series 71 15x8 wheels & Goodyear Tires (195/70) (Like everyone I still want some 20"+ billets)
- Kinetic HC2400-BLU (Dual, one up front and one in the back. Both to be in the rear soon)
- Redid the A/C system. New compressor, drier and upper hose. Ice Cold! A Texas must!
- Avital Alarm/Keyless. (Starter kill, two way pager.. Etc)
- 454SS / Sport mirrors.
- Billet grille.
- Smooth front bumper. Paint to match. Made a nice clean plate holder.
- New headlights, signal lights in the front.
- Led third brake light.
- K&N air filter (thanks dad) in a modified stock air cleaner. (cut down)
- Removed the stock side trim & emblems. Sanded down to bare metal and sealed/primed.
- Rear rollpan.
- Shaved the tailgate handle.
- Shaved the stake pockets on the bed rails.
- Grant steering wheel. (Nothing special)
- MSD Distributor Cap & Rotor.
- Taylor Spiro-Pro Spark Plug Wires.
- Autolite Copper Core Spark Plugs. (ATL-25)
- I use Royal Purple OIL & OIL Filter.
- Energy Suspension Sway-Bar Bushing kit. (Red) PN# 3-5178R
- UWS TBC-60-W 60" Chest Wedge Toolbox
- Window tint: 35% front two & 5% rear three.
- Chrome rear end cover w/drain plug.

Audio System:
- Pioneer DEH-X8700BS head unit.
- AVI 4" mid-bass rear. (I have matching tweeters and the crossovers that I need to install somewhere)
- Pioneer 4x6 2-way up front.
- Kenwood KAC-9105D 2 channel wired mono to 900 watt. (2 ohm)
- MA Audio 600 watt 2 channel wired in series to the front and rear speakers. It'll do till I get a 4 channel.
- Kicker CompVR DVC 2 Ohm 12's.
- Phoenix Gold PLD-1 6 volt professional line driver.
- 0 Gauge, wired the right way. Stinger, JL & Rockford cable & fuseblocks.
- Custom built box by me. 3/4 & 1/2 MDF gorilla wood-glued and over-nailed to death. Subs flush mounted. Center amp rack w/removable amp-board.

Air Ride:
- Little Larry's FourPlay Valves
- Airlift Dominator 2 2600lb Bags'
- ViAir Dual 444C Air Compressors
- 8 Gallon tank
- 3/8 line all around
- 2 link bag-on-bar + panhard bar
- front is cupped on stock arms for now

NOT DONE...yet

- Shave the door handles, third brake light & antenna.
- New clear/tinted tasteful taillights. No euro crap!
- Cowl induction hood. 3"/4".
- 454SS/Sport fog lights under the front bumper.
- TBI spacer. (Got it, need to install it)
- Matching 4-channel & 1/2-channel amplifiers. (Rockford Fosgate most likely)
- Lots more....

Here's the pictures from the Craigslist ad. He bought it new in Austin and it lived its whole life there. I only live an hour from Austin. Small world it is. I helped him install the engine a few years ago as he's a family friend. I had no idea he was selling it.

Most recent:

Last edited:

scottx .

Nov 6, 2013
San Antonio
Re: Scott's 94 Sierra

Redid the power cables under the hood. 0 gauge in preparation for the system to be installed soon.

Soon I need to get a couple new batteries. Most likely mount one under the bed OR I might stick it on the drivers side where the stock second battery would go on the larger trucks.

Last edited:

Did the lights on the front.
Lowered the rear 2 inches via shackles. I'm going to drop the front 2/3 via coils or spindles and the rear 2 more via front hangers. Still looking for some nice wheels and tires. 18"-20".

Starting to look like something I'd drive.

The cheap eBay lights don't fit like I'd like them to. Seems to be some space between them and the grille in the bottom of the light. I'm thinking of switching to a Chevy paintable grille shell. I'll adjust the fit next weekend with or without a new grille.

Adjusted them pretty well.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2004
Livingston, LA

Good start. I'm actually taking the lowering parts off my truck. Makes me want to buy one of the many cheap extended cabs around here and lower it with my old stuff.

Good start. I'm actually taking the lowering parts off my truck. Makes me want to buy one of the many cheap extended cabs around here and lower it with my old stuff.
Thanks. I'd buy the lowering stuff from you if you don't end up reusing it. (Within the next couple weeks)

Nice looking truck you have. I had a 1990 stepside reg-cab like that. I wish I still had it.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2004
Livingston, LA

Nice. I love these GMT400 trucks. My DREAM truck when I first got my license was a box stock Z71. Oddly enough, I never did get one...

Would love to sell you the parts but the 7 hour drive between us might be a deal breaker, LOL.

Nice. I love these GMT400 trucks. My DREAM truck when I first got my license was a box stock Z71. Oddly enough, I never did get one...

Would love to sell you the parts but the 7 hour drive between us might be a deal breaker, LOL.
Yeah. I'm just going to buy some parts from Chassis Tech.

I've never seen anyone take the parts off and go back up. Why the change of heart?

Sep 29, 2004
Livingston, LA

Yeah. I'm just going to buy some parts from Chassis Tech.

I've never seen anyone take the parts off and go back up. Why the change of heart?
I have a lowered 2013 SS Camaro and just want my truck back up to hop curbs and drive through muddy fields when i need to. When I lowered it I still had a stock 2005 Silverado crew with all terrains.

scottx .

Nov 6, 2013
San Antonio
I updated the OP. Did some stuff.

Third brake light, led
Avital Alarm/Keyless
Got a toolbox from work. For free. Thanks, nice customer. You rock.
Shaved the tailgate handle. Relocated it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

scottx .

Nov 6, 2013
San Antonio

Took this with my GoPro. Dirty girl.

Got this amp for the two Kicker CVR 12s I have. I've had that PG preamp for a long time. Have enough nice patch cables to do it. Just need to build a box and install it. Time.. Never enough.

Last edited:

scottx .

Nov 6, 2013
San Antonio
Ordered the flip kit for the rear today. Once I pay it off out of my check I'll order the spindles and springs for the front. Then the shocks. Then install it all.

Going all Belltech. Check OP for part numbers, etc.