Suburban Assult Vehicle v2 Part: 2

Re: Suburban Assult Vehicle v2 Part: 2

As with everybody else, I am very much looking forward to seeing this done! Somebody at that shop is very intimate with their welder. Very nice craftsmanship through out!

May 14, 2008
medina, ohio

Peterson's FWOR ran a tire test on them and chunked out quite a few lugs in a very short period of time.

I hate to say it, but I think they fall in the same category as thornbirds... :run:
they arent for the rocks, thats for sure...but we dont have rocks in ohio. thornbirds arent good for anything, these are great all season big tires. petersons has torn up alot of tires that are still widely regarded as good.

May 27, 2010
Mississippi

they arent for the rocks, thats for sure...but we dont have rocks in ohio. thornbirds are good for sand and nothing else, these are great all season big tires. petersons has torn up alot of tires that are still widely regarded as good.
Fixed

Last edited:
May 14, 2008
medina, ohio

so, its been a tad slow going. there is issues with getting the 273 t-case to shift. they work seemlessly in trucks that had 263's, but the 246 trucks work differently. thats been a huge stumbling point because the whole underside is built around the t-case. if we had to switch cases it could screw everything else around it. on that same note, the 2 OEM gas tanks no longer work with all the new x-members and the divorced t-case, so a giant custom aluminum cell is being made to order.

in the mean time, the x-member for the t-case got reconfigured a bit to tie into the front link mounts and pick-up the rear of the t-case for added support. it has a pretty trick removable center section.

by the markings it looks like it will get clearanced for the drive shaft a bit.

May 14, 2008
medina, ohio

other than shocks, bump stops, and airbags...not a single piece of the suspension is off the shelf. even the hydro ram is custom built.

BurbanAZ

Feb 2, 2010
Tucson, AZ

Glad to see another thread on this build. I love the fabbed parts excellent welds on that stuff too. Gonna be awesome when it's done. I'm curious how much this beast is gonna weigh lol

CopeMan85

Oct 14, 2010
Las Vegas

Bonedust i just wanna say im really impressed with the build, but im even more impressed with your patience. i probably would have used your gun store connections to bring a godly wrath down on..... eh.... (deep breathe) it'll be done soon! and it'll be worth the wait!