Technically this IS an FSC :)

Aug 4, 2010
Kansas City, Mo
Long story short, I recently inherited this car from my grandma and I got it with 44k original miles on it. It now has 47k miles on it. With that low of miles I'm going to rock it for a while and do a few mods along the way. Here are a couple of pics that I took from the work done this weekend. A mod that I've also completed but isn't pictured is a friend of mine took my stock radio and modded it so that I can play music from my iPhone on it. That's going to be one of my favorite mods I think :)

Before

After

It'll be fun to tinker with and improve. Near future mods will include window tint and removing some of the chrome such as around the wheel wells and probably dechroming the handles and that kind of thing. I've also got an Impala SS grill on my list.

Aug 4, 2010
Kansas City, Mo
Re: Technically this IS an FSC :)

Is that just a change of trim rings and center caps with new tires? Makes a big difference already! You gotta tint the windows too.

LT1 or TBI?
Nah, a friend of mine was selling his truck rallies cheap off of his 82 so those are truck rallies and new tires. The were originally some kind of gold color and I repainted them that "gun metal" color. The wheels/tires I took off were the original tires to the car at 21 years old! :scared: They still had great tread but obviously 21 years is a LONG time for a tire. They were Michelin's, though, so that's a testament to them :)

It's got just a 305 TBI in it. I've recently replaced the Cat and also installed a Magnaflow muffler. It runs pretty good really. Eventually I'm going to look to do an LS motor swap on it but that's a little bit down on the list with such low miles on it and still running pretty strong.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2010
Kansas City, Mo

Was hoping you weren't going to put a BL on with a set of 28"s........

Looks good. Sorry for your loss.
She hasn't passed away yet. She's just not able to drive anymore and is in an assisted living situation now. With that said, her health is failing and could be any day really :( Thanks for the condolences.

Jul 3, 2010
USA

That's a nice ride. When you tint, remove the bright trim from around the sider windows and darken the pillars. It will look much better. I like the skirted rear wheel openings, very suggestive of a modest ride. Even better for raising a brow when you nail it.

Aug 4, 2010
Kansas City, Mo

The caprices used a totally different air breather setup. That won't work. Swap in an K&N and call it good.
This is what I thought. My 94 and 95 OBS's would have worked with that setup but the Caprice is totally different. :) I would like to try a TB spacer in it but have been unable to locate one for it.