Technically this IS an FSC :)

Aug 4, 2010
Kansas City, Mo
Re: Technically this IS an FSC :)

I've been working on slowly toning down the chrome a little bit. Wheel well chrome is off as well as chrome around the windows.

Before

After

Bad outside shot

I'll get better pics taken tomorrow :)

Aug 4, 2010
Kansas City, Mo

pic of new head unit installed. Getting ready to upgrade the audio in the car. Nothing major. Replacing the door speakers and putting in new 6x9's in the back deck. Anything will be better than these 22 year old AC Delco speakers :lol:

Oct 22, 2007
New York

pic of new head unit installed. Getting ready to upgrade the audio in the car. Nothing major. Replacing the door speakers and putting in new 6x9's in the back deck. Anything will be better than these 22 year old AC Delco speakers :lol:

Looking good.
:think: Didn't you have an OE headunit modded for aux in???

Oh and blacked out, and white letters don't go together :read: :jerry: :nutkick:

:lol:

Aug 4, 2010
Kansas City, Mo

Looking good.
:think: Didn't you have an OE headunit modded for aux in???
I did but that stock head unit obviously didn't have the USB capabilities or built in RCAs for future audio upgrades that I wanted so it was time to upgrade. I'm keeping the OE unit around, though, for possible future use.

Aug 4, 2010
Kansas City, Mo

continuing to collect parts for the audio upgrade. i'm now scoping out amps...

These will be in the Caprice once an amp arrives

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2010
Kansas City, Mo

I've had a flurry of activity on this thing recently so here it goes. Here's how the audio upgrade is shaking out.....

--pioneer deh-6400bt (The other HU i just bought is acting up so I need to upgrade already)

--kenwood x700-5

--DB link pk4z amp kit

--hertz dsk 165.3 (component set) and hertz dcx 710a

Should sound good!!! I'm still waffling on if I'll add a couple subs or not. If I do it'll be down the line :)

I also just got new floor mats. the one on the left is the old one from the driver's front with the new one on the right. The original mats are still in the car but these cover them up so they are still pristine after 22 years. The old ones that I'm replacing I believe were bought at the same time as the car so that's what 22 years and almost 60k miles looks like I guess...