The never ending build of my '89 stepside

Feb 24, 2014
Ga
Re: The never ending build of my '89 stepside

Truly amazing with what your doing with this truck. I'm inspired. Great work man. How did you get the overhead console in? I'd like to do a lot of this, but my truck is mAinly for off road use. I'm torn lol

Jun 6, 2006
kelowna, bc, canada

thanks guys

Truly amazing with what your doing with this truck. I'm inspired. Great work man. How did you get the overhead console in? I'd like to do a lot of this, but my truck is mAinly for off road use. I'm torn lol

for the overhead console i just screwed it into the ceiling of the cab... the ceiling is two layers of metal with a gap in between so i just used short screws and only screwed it in a bit as i didn't want to puncture the outer layer - it worked great.

originally i tried adhering some plywood to the ceiling, but it just wouldn't hold once the console was screwed into it.

blodenwedd

Jun 20, 2014
Chile

I have to say that this is the very best Silverado project I ever seen. Amazing work and dedication, congratulations for such a great truck you built, very good taste in every mod... I'm also inspired to start my own Silverado project!

Thanks a lot!

Dec 26, 2010
Michigan

the most recent modification was to the front end - nothing too major...

i swapped out the stock chevy emblem for a chrome one and i replaced the orange corner markers with clear/white ones

even though it was just a small mod, i think it made a big change to how the front of the truck looks

i also replaced my stock steering wheel with a Grant steering wheel - again, nothing crazy, but i really like the new look!

I love it. My 92 is a stepside extended cab 4X4. I bought it brand new for my wife and then got myself a 92 long bed extended cab 4X4. Now my oldest son has my long bed and my youngest has my 02 Trailblazer. Yeah, I gave it to him so I could get the stepside back because he was in the process of trashing it. He claims he was just driving it like a truck should be driven. Spring time I am having drivers side rocker panel and cab corner replaced. Passenger side was totaled when my son ran a stop sign and a goy was going 50 in a 25 and t-boned him. Bought it back from the insurance company and still had 3200. cash left so I had it fixed. That ide of the cab looks great. No dog tracking because the frame wasn't bent.

chevychris

Jun 6, 2006
kelowna, bc, canada

i haven't updated this thread much over the last while, so i figured i'll throw in a few pics...

and for a really minor addition... i picked up a couple LED strips to add a little more light to the interior of the cab. i tied them in with the other floor lights that turn on when a door is opened